? servers

? players online

Got Forum Award Idea? Post it

• Content Count:  3391

Not really, then it just becomes a popularity contest of which people the higher ups like most.

Not all higher ups play the favoritism card. If the awards are voted on, then favoritism pretty much goes out the window. It's difficult to quantify most of the awards and the ones that are quantifiable are already listed next to the user's name.

Also, even if the favoritism card is played, then wouldn't that mean the member be doing something right?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5303

Community Watch - Member who has helped this Community better place by creating Several player Complaints.

Member of the Month - Advisors and higher have monthly vote on a player who has shown he/she is dedicated to SG.

Community artist - Members who have helped with banners/Sigs

Machinima - Members who have made videos promoting SG.

Final Battlegrounds Plink Donater - Member who has donated X Amount of Plinks.

Thought?

Lets all hop on the bandwagon of hating the awards guise.

I don't hate them. I love the idea, in fact. It's just that the awards listed are rather pointless and don't qualify as awards to begin with. An award is something you've accomplished. I can go join a random forum right now and get a 3 year tag in 2013; no work on my part needs to be done.

I don't know how the current award system is setup or how difficult it is to add them to users, but if 99% of the users qualify for an award, then that award should be thrown out. Awards should be rare and limited to a lucky few.

Community Watch - Member who has helped this Community better place by creating Several player Complaints.

Member of the Month - Advisors and higher have monthly vote on a player who has shown he/she is dedicated to SG.

Community artist - Members who have helped with banners/Sigs

Machinima - Members who have made videos promoting SG.

Final Battlegrounds Plink Donater - Member who has donated X Amount of Plinks.

Thought?

Here are some suggestions:

Servers:

• Prison Break Aficionado - 50 hours in-game.
  • Zombie Houdini - 50 hours in-game Zombie Escape
  • Little Toys - 50 hours in-game Mini Games
  • Hang 10 - 50 hours in-game Surf
  • Grim Evader - 50 hours in-game Deathrun
  • Straight Skillz - 50 hours in-game Bhop/Trickz
  • Raw Dog - 50 hours in-game Reg CSS
  • Castle Basher - 50 hours in-game TF2

Forum:

• Helping Hand - Assisting members with questions/problems. Subjectively based.
  • Chatter Mouth - 100,000+ lines entered into the Chatbox.
  • Artistic Ability - Assisting members with signatures/avatars. Subjectively based.
  • Mapping Guru - Created 5+ approved maps that stay on the server for 30+ days.
  • Mad Hatter - Unintelligible posts. Poster makes little to no sense but is generally sincere. Subjectively based.
  • Grammar Nazi - Constantly griping about people's grammar, or lack thereof.
  • Brown Nose - A member who constantly sucks up to the higher ups.
  • Annoyingly Adored - A member who is seen as an incredibly annoying member, but is generally well liked. Subjectively based.

Misc:

• Awacs Special - A member who reports 100+ players and has them rightfully banned.
  • Undercover Cop - A member/admin that reports 5+ admins and has them banned.
  • Contributor - A member that has contributed beyond what was expected of them (assisting in scripts, maps, finding bugs, etc).

That's all I got for now.

A few of yours overlap with a few of mine. I smell a copycat! :mad:

• Content Count:  4473

Thought?

Narc Award

Kiss Ass of the Month

Reply to Thread