? servers

? players online

Free Lunch

• Content Count:  6741

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/08/0823_cafeterias/source/3.htm

Like Google, this New York-based financial information company believes in free lunch—in fact, there's free food for the taking in every Bloomberg office. And it's designed to be one of the first things an employee or visitor sees when walking in the door. There's always an array of snacks, from healthy fruit and vegetables to snack like chips and pretzels, and other specialties vary depending on where you are. The Princeton (N.J.), office, for example, offers full breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, while the New York headquarters boasts fresh peanut-butter machines and pantries in London carry Marmite, a savory spread made from yeast extract that's a staple in Britain. The motivation isn't purely altruistic. As company founder and New York's current mayor, Michael Bloomberg, was once quoted as saying, keeping employees happy is nice, "but most of all I want them to stay here. I don't want them leaving." Productivity rules.

So we provide call recording support and analyzing to this company called Bloomberg, I'm not too sure what they do but they seem to dabble in a lot of things. Anyhow, I've been to this place once before (the London office) and it's literally amazing, you walk in and there's this huge hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of fish tanks with exotic fish that look like they're plucked straight from the set of Finding Nemo. The one thing I loved about the place though, was that when you're waiting for your contact there is a huge selection of free drinks, snacks, chocolates etc to choose from.

bloomberg.jpg

44227337.44101000.IMG_0043.JPG

Any how, not sure why I made a thread about this but just wanted to explain how cool it is. Amazing how companies like Bloomberg/Google will go to such lengths to keep employees happy.

• Content Count:  4960

I know where I want to get a job now, Except I would get huge with all that free food that close.

Only fried food is good enough to make me work xD

then i'll be such a fatty, it's impossible to leave the work

Smart people those businesspeople :blink1:

Reply to Thread