? servers

? players online

New diet, still no exercise

• Content Count:  3391

A friend of mine at work started a new diet and I decided to try it since I needed to go food shopping. It's a complete meal replacement with mostly soy protein-based products. I know that you're supposed to exercise with a new diet, or at least do some type of cardio for 10-30 minutes a day, but I, like most other people, are too tired or lazy to bother.

I'm using Medifast, I've never heard of it before my friend recommended it to me, but their food is pretty damn good. Anyway, I decided I might as well post some of my results as I continue the diet and hopefully see if anyone has done something similar before or is currently on one.

Their diet plan is 5+1, 5 of their foods plus one 'lean and green' meal per day. I ordered a lot of bars, ready-to-drink shakes, soup, pudding, etc and I eat 6 times a day. My 'lean and green' meal is usually a chicken salad or some lean sandwich (neither of which I regularly ate before this diet).

Starting weight: 227lb (103kg)

Week 1:

220lb (99.7kg) - Net loss of 7lb (3.1kg)

Week 2:

No Change.

220lb (99.7kg) - Net loss of 7lb (3.1kg)

Week 3:

Loss of 3lb (1.3kg)

217lb (98.4kg) - Net loss of 10lb (4.5kg)

Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  2686

Soy-protein has a pretty bad reputation amongst bodybuilders..

I wish you good luck tho, losing weight and getting in shape really makes you feel a lot better :p

And you should definitely do cardio!!

Edited by Eldest

• Content Count:  3391

Soy-protein has a pretty bad reputation amongst bodybuilders..

I wish you good luck tho, losing weight and getting in shape really makes you feel a lot better :p

And you should definitely do cardio!!

I'm all aware of soy protein vs whey protein. I'm not doing any sort of body building, if I were, I'd probably still supplement a shake after a workout. I'm mainly losing weight because my dad is in some horrible shape, can't have much more than 300mg of sodium a day and has already had a quadruple bypass.

I'll try and get into the habit of running a bit after work, but it'll be tough.

I wonder what they put in it that lets you lose weight so fast without any exercise:twitch:

It brings your metabolism back up. The majority of people on a new diet lose a lot their first week/month and then lose considerably less the remaining months they are on it. All of these meals are ~120 calories. At 5 of these meals a day, that's 600 calories, well below the 2,000 daily average.

I used to eat 1-2 meals a day and it was normally fast food. McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, 5 Guys, etc. I was skeptical that these small ass bars would be filling, but they do work.

• Content Count:  1839

i've been on a diet since July. I'm only just starting to work out.

I've lost 97 lbs. (44 kg) so far, on diet and the prescription meds alone :d.

starting weight: 282 lbs. (128 kg)

current weight: 189 lbs. (86 kg)

keep up the good work broseph. and get going on some kind of work out. I didn't for this long because for the first several months I feared not having the energy to work out, but now I feel fine. Well that and its becoming apparent that these last ~20 pounds that I need to lose cannot possibly all be what is left hanging around. (aka it has to be loose skin from losing so much and that i need to tone up).

• Content Count:  1662

i used to way 24 stone (336lb) at the age of 16 went on an extreme diet consisting of salad and fish, cut down my portion size alot, drank only water, no exercise. and got down to 18 stone (252lb) at 17 then went to uni, picked up smoking and drinking a shit loads and got down to 14 stone (196lb) at 19/20 years old. started earning and more, and now at a comfortable 16 stone (224lb) at 23 but bear in mind i am 6"2 and got quiet a big bone structure.

good on ya wrathek and keep the good work up virus!!

Edited by tinkerbell
grammer

• Content Count:  1662

jesus tink. 224 @ 6'2 is too fucking skinny. i'm 6'1 and ~175lb is my ideal weight

no i wasnt too skinny look at this pic at my brother graduation. shirt is a 16" 1/2 collar and trouser (pants) were a 36" UK sizes. they just hung off me

dsc00101c.th.jpg

but fuck me i look sexy in that pic.................i would!!!

want to get to that weight again

Edited by tinkerbell

Reply to Thread