? servers

? players online

Is PC gaming DEAD?

• Content Count:  157

^^^^ That's the 100% truth.

One of the funniest articles/videos I've ever read/watched was from a guy who was playing (I think) Shadowrun on his PC. If you don't know, Shadowrun is for both Xbox360 and PC and you can play across the different systems. Basically it was all these video clips of how slowly people turn with a game controller as opposed to the quick flick of a wrist turn around with a mouse. Its basically just hundreds of people yelling about him being a hacker and so on, and him talking trash about how consoles suck compared to PCs, but it was well written and well edited. I'll try and see if I can find it again.

lol, I had a mouse and keyboard for my original xbox and played rainbow six and halo etc with it. It was pathetic how bad I'd just slaughter people with a sniper rifle in r6. Noone thought i was hacking because noone could at that point, but people would just call bullshit so hard.

• Content Count:  301

PC gaming is not dead.

Quality over quantity.

The fact is PC gamers play fewer games, but play those few games religiously and repeatedly, something Consoles don't do.

Look at us, we're playing something that originally came out in the late 90's and even the current version came out years ago.

Koreans still play the crap out of Starcraft 1, just wait until Starcraft 2 comes out. PC games aren't dead.

PC game makers just choose their projects more carefully. Like wise PC Gamers choose their games more carefully because we want something with high replay value.

Amen!!!! Brother

• Content Count:  111

I truly believe if MS had their way, we'd ditch PC gaming all together for their Xbox. Take Their Windows Live implementations for example.

Most of the games that feature ‘Games for Windows Live’ program require it for online game play. That wouldn't be so bad if you could play with who you wanted to. Those people out there with Silver memberships cannot choose your opponents manually. Gears of War (for PC) is a good example. That ‘sux’.

The real reason I’m worried is how much worse it is for newer titles. They ‘sux’ harder. In order to play anyone online, Kane and Lynch Dead Men requires a gold membership. That’s $50 more just to play a $60 game. Their much bragged about coop levels are only available in split screen and requires an xbox controller to be used. The fact that none of this is mentioned on the game-box itself speaks volumes to me. We’ll take your money and leave you with half assed implementations of features we touted.

OK, so Dead Men screwed the pooch in a bunch of ways, that’s no secret. However, the ways in which they screwed up are significant here. You can blame the developer IO-interactive all you like, but its not like they are strangers to making video games. They made the award winning Hitman series. This screams MS interference to me. Look at the difference between the Xbox/ PC MP and the PS3 MP. The game was released on all three systems, yet you don’t have to pay to play MP on the PS3, but you do with the PC?

Game browsers, Matchmaking, voice chat… I see the future of gaming here, some idiot at MS thought he would charge PC users for things they already had. If Ms has its way, more titles are going to ‘feature’ GFWL. So, no, PC gaming isn’t dead but Damnit, the maker of my operating system seems to be slowly but surely kicking it in the head to make me buy an Xbox. That ‘sux’ the most.

• Content Count:  4354

PC gaming is not dead.

Koreans still play the crap out of Starcraft 1, just wait until Starcraft 2 comes out. PC games aren't dead.

Not just Koreans. I logged into SC1 the other day and it was just as full as it was years and years ago. People in America still play the crap out of that game. Could be that its the best RTS ever made, but it's still being played and its OLD!!!!

• Content Count:  1938

Not just Koreans. I logged into SC1 the other day and it was just as full as it was years and years ago. People in America still play the crap out of that game. Could be that its the best RTS ever made, but it's still being played and its OLD!!!!

Starcraft is a classic and will always be populated. Hell sometimes me and my friends have Starcraft LANs because its such a great game.

I think PC's will always have the upper hand because they have much more room for user modablility(sp?). Just about every PC game has a player base that produce content and upgrades for PC games, the Half-Life engine is a perfect example of such mods.

Also if you haven't noticed, the newer the counsels, the more options that they have that are similar to a PC.

I have to admit though that I do love dual analog controllers. If they could make a keyboard that had a WASD analog stick and a normal mouse, I would be kicking massive ass.

• Content Count:  4473

I got tired of Starcraft because the good people always zerg rush or some non-strategic bs like that...but if you play people who suck it isn't fun. I prefer the more realistic strategy games like the Total War series which is not totally realistic in itself, but more fun in my opinion. Starcraft is a classic though. I thought Warcraft was better and it did get its sequels out much quicker.

Also, I have no problems with console controllers...as a matter of fact, I perform better on them than with a mouse. I played more console games than PC games as a kid. I just set my sensitivity real high and I have no problems. It is only the people who cannot handle the high sensitivities that complain about how slow controllers are. Some people use the mouse, and some people use the sticks. All that matters is how well people can use their thumbs or not...

• Content Count:  78

(Playing the devils advocate here) What Red says is all true however, look at it from a Developers standpoint. They either create a game that has to scale to all kinds of hardware configurations, something that console devs do not really have to worry about.

Plus, those companies concerned about piracy might go for a console simply because its easier to pirate a PC game than a console one. Modding your console vs downloading a crack after your gotten the game via bit-torrent.

i really think they are equal as far as pirating goes... you can get any game from a torrent web site ps2 ps3 pc xbox... one thing is .. its harder now to copy a pc disc then a console disc.. take the pc game bioshock (wich i really like) i looked at every program out there and it says it cannot get passed the protection on that disc... you cant make a back up cd of it ... unless someone got passed that by now.. i checked it out bout a month ago

• Content Count:  4473

Well...in a few weeks or months, somebody will write a program that gets passed the security on that. I have never tried to pirate any games because I think that is utterly pointless and immoral unless the game is extremely hard to find, but from I understand, it is much easier to pirate a PC game than some console games. It is easier for older consoles, like PS2, Xbox, DS, PSP, etc. For newer consoles it takes more work, or thats what it says from what I read in an online article.

PC really isn't dead, it is just the losers who are out there pirating the games because they are too cheap to buy an inexpensive game that are making sales go down and retarded clients like Steam necessary...

Reply to Thread