? servers

? players online

In the wrong place

• Content Count:  4123

You could have brought this up to Haggard, discuss your concerns, I'm sure he would have at least listened to what you had to say. There are some very good people here too.

• Content Count:  6712

There's understanding between people in the same ranks but where the problems lie is SA's and higher ups......or regs and SA's......etc.

Higher ups don't give SA's the respect they deserve, and neither do SA's give higher ups that respect.

Server admins are the ones who go out there and marshal the servers, keep them clean, report abusers, make the servers more enjoyable (or at least most try...leave aside the people who ruined PB by abusing the rules) and, at a basic level, suggest ideas

.....and the higher ups are the ones who spend a lot of time doing boring and tedious work using tools that most people probably don't know how to use, or couldn't be bothered to use. I'm not even at that level anymore and I sacrifice in some cases hours of my weekend to do CA/LG work......and that is just a fraction of what higher ups do.

What some people don't understand is what goes on behind the scenes. It's not an easy job, and quite a few people jump into it and think "Oh yay I got a new colourful forum badge and some moar power and e-peen"....and forget all the responsibility that comes with it. Also, if you haven't gotten it you most probably haven't earned it, and no you do not have to suck dick.

But.....that aside this is a problem of disrespect. Sometimes that happens because of the above though.....people need to respect and understand each other.......it's a case of two different classes almost....we're not the rich and the poor.....the lords and the beggars....we're meant to be one community, and a good one at that.

I'm not saying go eGO or something...but comments such as the one quoted in this thread, especially considering who it's directed at are uncalled for.

It's one thing to be disrespectful...but it's another to be disrespectful and use your power over people to "win".

BUT.....in the whole scheme of things some people are right. Why only take the negatives into consideration? SG is a great community that's been around for over 3 years now....a community like this wouldn't last so long if it was as bad as you made it out to be.

• Like 2
Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  1765

I don't understand why so many of you feel the need to focus on the negativity in this community when there is so much positive about it. If there wasn't, you all wouldn't be here. Sure, there is shit that happens sometimes that the community could do without, but every community is going to go through the same problems.

Some people are dicks here, but there are also so many cool people too. I wouldn't take one person's post as a reason to leave the community. If you get a "negative" feel in this community from a few posts, then you honestly are going to find it tough just about anywhere you go.

While I disapproved of what Garfield said to beth, I don't think about it too much. Honestly, that is between the two of them.

I would honestly, say stick around and give it a second chance. Get the chance to meet some of the community members and try not to look too much into things. Anyways, hope to still see you around, FWIW.

• Content Count:  2115

There is gunna be d-bags in any community, get used to it.

Not if it's from the higher ups, or especially a higher up who is probably third in command of this community.

Anyways, couldn't have said it better. I remember when getting SA back during ZombieMurder was actually a sizeable feast. I remember submitting my application and checking back every few hours about what people said about me, and how I could improve and whatnot, and was actually REALLY happy when I got approved. Back then, paying $10 a month wasn't optional, it was a PRIVILEDGE. You had to earn the prividlege of being a server administrator. I wish I could say this about the system we currently have.

Anyways... when you set rules for others, how could you possible expect them to follow them if you don't? (And no, not ranting on GarfieldH)

• Content Count:  1167

A well thought out, logical review of the administration. You and I both know this is either A) going to be locked, or B) be flamed by the higher ups (probably the same you speak of).

I agree with you that douche bags who get put in charge of this community (not naming anybody) are making players leave. Notice how I said 'are' and not 'can'.

I love this community so I doubt I will be leaving it, but I understand you're reasoning. I am very glad you are one of the few people who can speak their mind against a higher up (especially in such a professional manner). These days, only people who don't give a fuck about being promoted will speak against a higher up.

Well said.

• Content Count:  1166

Woot! Got in here before it was locked. From a newbie's perspective, I came here because i liked the environment and the players. There tends to be a couple hiccups here and there in every community, but you just have to grin and bear it. I see where you're coming from, but is it really necessary to immediately fire off accusations? I love this place already, even though some people have hot tempers (Jesus, I accidentally used the wrong tag. Chill your boner). Chin up lad. And since you already donated, you might as well enjoy the rewards.

• Content Count:  3736

These days, only people who don't give a fuck about being promoted will speak against a higher up.

cough* two year* cough* no promo* cough*

Paying to work wasn't that great of a privilege.

its not the paying its the standard that is the problem

• Content Count:  11725

For once ill stay clean and calm.

SG is a growing and maturing community.

We all grow in time and change.

If you were around SG during the "Church" issue you would now that was just a phase.

All community's have their "nice guys" and "bad guys".

eGO is a great place, i enjoyed their admins and members.

I found SG 2 years ago or so and i myself have been a dick and a smart ass who is still a kid.

But i will respect SG and continue growing and mature with the community.

All hail /SG/

Reply to Thread