? servers

? players online

Cell phones?

• Content Count:  1755

Hay, I was wondering what kinda phone and phone service should I git or use? Ima looking for a very good phone that can do the internet, check mail and blah blah blah similar to an iPhone or Blackberry. But are there other phones out there, that are better and which service should I go to? I hope you guys can help me out. Opinions are most welcome.

• Content Count:  6559

I have the Palm centro from Sprint.

It has everything on it and Sprint's fast data network, including mobile tv (good when you're taking a crap etc), camera, video, internets, and it uses the Palm OS so there's an assload of free progz out there. which is good when you're taking a crap etc.

You can also set it up to receive push mail from whatever mail service you use with an easy built in program. I have it set up with my Yahoo and Gmail account, it's real time in the sense that as soon as I receive an email, it goes straight to my phone and vibrates.

The centro is only 99 bucks and it's now available on AT&T, but their network is slower.

• Content Count:  876

Most of the major cell phone carriers cover the US. Verizon probably will have service in the most places, but you need a carrier that will work the best, in places where you are the most.

I went with Verizon because almost everyone I call uses Verizon. This way, I could use their lowest cost plan.

As far as phones, it depends on your application. I have the XV6800 from Verizon. It is basically a Windows Mobile PDA that is also able to make phone calls. If you are looking for a PDA/phone,I would suggest a Windows Mobile device because of the high number of applications available for it. My phone has WiFi, Broadband, Windows Media (essentially making it a MP3 player), Mobile Office (Word, Excel, ect), Bluetooth, and a full list of other features, but these are the ones I use the most.

I purchased the broadband package because I travel alot, but the XV6800 also has WiFi if you want to just use that alone (alot of areas now have some sort of WiFi). Also you can tether this device to your laptop and use the broadband feature as a modem (not available on all internet phones).

I am very happy with this phone. I rarely do not have a signal. Being able to access the internet while in a car is awesome. But I think Sprint has the best mobile internet speed at the moment.

• Content Count:  1755

I have the Palm centro from Sprint.

It has everything on it and Sprint's fast data network, including mobile tv (good when you're taking a crap etc), camera, video, internets, and it uses the Palm OS so there's an assload of free progz out there. which is good when you're taking a crap etc.

You can also set it up to receive push mail from whatever mail service you use with an easy built in program. I have it set up with my Yahoo and Gmail account, it's real time in the sense that as soon as I receive an email, it goes straight to my phone and vibrates.

The centro is only 99 bucks and it's now available on AT&T, but their network is slower.

I think from what I have read, I will go with Red, it seems reliable but what about the cost of plans and service is it reliable and such? But thanks for all your output guys.

• Content Count:  6559

Well, I have two people on my plan so I'm paying a good bit more than you would.

I would say with internets and everything you'll probably be paying about 50 bucks a month. You can negotiate with customer support on the phone to get free internet and unlimited text messaging and maybe a discount. I did that.

• Content Count:  876

Geez Red, who is your carrier? I am paying $80 a month. Single line, internet and 450 minutes a month with Verizon.

Edit: Nevermind, I re-read this thread from the begining.....

Reply to Thread