? servers

? players online

Your fastest mile...

• Content Count:  6712

I never really did an exact mile so I don't know.....but I represented my school at county level (so basically against the other ..perhaps... 15 local schools) and I used to do pretty well in that...finishing top 10 out of the approx 100 who did it. Had to get top 3 to advance to run in the London race though..oh well.

But...when I was 10 we used to go around a big muddy field and that was perhaps a mile......and I could do that in 6:20.

I'm not that fit any more but at the peak of my fitness (13-14 probably) I'd say I could have done a track mile close to or under 5 minutes.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  3697

How far is a mile again?

We never had these, or the KM equivalent, in school. In elementary we had the beep test, which was unenjoyable as hell, and was literally just a bunch of kids laughing at the fat people who were out on wave 2.

Basically you hear a beep and run to the other side of the gym, then it beeps again and you run back. The beeps get progressively closer together so it starts off nice and light, and by wave 9 you are pretty darn near running (not exaclty sprinting) every time with no breaks :\. I never made it past like halfway through wave 7 :p

Im not terrible at running, but I'm not a sprinter AT ALL, and not that much better at long distance.

Overall, swimming>running.

• Content Count:  763

for school i never really had to run a mile ... was mostly more ...

but i do remember me & some friends running a naked mile ... we were running for bout 25 minutes ... we didnt realise that when we run a mile far we would also have to run a mile back ... drunk brains ftw

• Content Count:  2661

yawn, I usually avoid these types of threads as they usually degrade into running faggots trying to out man each other and impress losers by typing in some fake time that they think they once got a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6712

yawn, I usually avoid these types of threads as they usually degrade into running faggots trying to out man each other and impress losers by typing in some fake time that they think they once got a couple of years ago.

You would see the bad side of it :suspicious:

I can see your point though, but it doesn't hurt to believe sometimes...

Guessing you would run a fairly good mile seeing as how you're in the army.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  11501

How far is a mile again?

We never had these, or the KM equivalent, in school. In elementary we had the beep test, which was unenjoyable as hell, and was literally just a bunch of kids laughing at the fat people who were out on wave 2.

Basically you hear a beep and run to the other side of the gym, then it beeps again and you run back. The beeps get progressively closer together so it starts off nice and light, and by wave 9 you are pretty darn near running (not exaclty sprinting) every time with no breaks :\. I never made it past like halfway through wave 7 :p

Im not terrible at running, but I'm not a sprinter AT ALL, and not that much better at long distance.

Overall, swimming>running.

Yeah, we call those suicides out here. 40 rounds of those to get an A, 20 to pass. I played baseball for a few years, so sprinting is a lot easier for me than long distance running. I am absolute shit at long distance...but I can do a fuckton of those "beep" tests lol.

Reply to Thread