? servers

? players online

Some closure

• Content Count:  5

I'm seeing a lot of people talk about the "scandal" with me and Paladin, and theres a lot of inaccuracies. I wanted to post the story, let you guys know everything.

So I was walking home one day and I got a text from a friend, currently here and not banned. They asked me how much I really wanted to stay in SG. It took me a second to think about it.I had been promoted to AO a few weeks earlier, and I had seen a lot of corruption in the system.

When I got home we all got on Steam chat and discussed what their plan was. What I was told was they were going to start a community for the older players of ZM and maybe if we recruited enough of them then Haggard would realize that he was making a mistake. I knew that wouldn't work, I doubted Haggard would even care.

In this chat were me and Paladin of course, then two others who are currently active in the community. We talked for a bit, I knew it wasn't a good plan but I had my hopes that the community could turn to its old days. After a little more talking I gave Paladin the rcon password, which of course was the same as it had been when Paladin was AO. I didn't really care, I honestly thought he was on to something, and I doubted he would attack the servers with the rcon.

Awhile later the plan basically switched from recreating the community to joining eGo, I trusted Paladin so I joined and started out. Pretty much hated that community and left.

Paladin and I still talked for awhile, the plan pretty much fell apart and we went on. So one day I wake up and log on, find out I'm banned. I figured Paladin had come out and admitted what happened, then I found out "I" spammed the console, which was honestly something I didn't even know how to do. So all day I work on trying to get unbanned, then Paladin admits what happened.

Honestly if he hadn't of said anything it would've saved him, he was a good member of the community, he actually cared about the players, I don't know about the eGo shit, but he had a good will at first. I might've been saved to, they might've actually took more time to investigate the console. They said it was my IP, but an IP is easy enough to mask nowadays.

But yeah, after that we were both banned, I talked to Paladin, since he was pretty well involved in eGo he told me to go ahead and use him as a scape goat to get myself unbanned, didn't really work. Later he got banned from eGo because one of the owners said he was recruiting for someone else, still don't know what that was about.

Of course after this shit, a couple of my friends get mad at me because I used Paladin to try to get unbanned, one of which a previously mentioned conspirator, and wouldn't listen when I told them Paladin told me to. Lost a few good friends [/QQ]

So now I look through the forums, see a lot of the "Paladin and Matt backstabbing team up" with not much info as to what happened, but theres the whole story. That's all that happened, we were both banned, I guess it was deserved, but it really wasn't as crazy as everyone said it was.

To be honest I would've probably left the community by now with another one of my "QQ ragequit" threads because of the turn it's made. I just wanted to clear up what all of that was about.

I'm not mentioning the others, they're active here and I won't turn this into a "omg it wasnt only me ban them" thread.

That's the story though, let me know if you have questions, or some hate comments.

Reply to Thread