? servers

? players online

No Game Icons

• Content Count:  2283

Ok, this isn't really that huge of a deal, but I would like for it to be fixed.

Recently, the games I have for Steam have lost their icons (Look at photo to see what I mean).

wtfvz.png

Like I said. It's not that big of a deal, but it would be better if it's fixed.

What would cause this and how can it be fixed?

Edited by Lucid

I had the same thing with my CS icon. I deleted the shortcut and made a new one.. It's still working as of now

Didn't work for me. :ohwell:

• Content Count:  470

Just do it manually.

First, right click on your shortcut and go to properties. Under the "Shortcut" tab, click "Change Icon...". Now, browse to where you installed Steam. Once there, go to "\steam\games". That folder should contain a bunch of icons, which are for all your games. The files have random names, but they SHOULD have the right icon, so just click the file with the icon you want. Then, just open that file, select the icon, and hit "OK". Repeat for each shortcut you want to fix.

If you want to speed up browsing, and you're on Vista or Win7, after you hit browse, just paste "%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steam\games\" into your address bar. It should go right into the folder you want.

Tell me if that works.

• Like 2

Just do it manually.

First, right click on your shortcut and go to properties. Under the "Shortcut" tab, click "Change Icon...". Now, browse to where you installed Steam. Once there, go to "\steam\games". That folder should contain a bunch of icons, which are for all your games. The files have random names, but they SHOULD have the right icon, so just click the file with the icon you want. Then, just open that file, select the icon, and hit "OK". Repeat for each shortcut you want to fix.

If you want to speed up browsing, and you're on Vista or Win7, after you hit browse, just paste "%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steam\games\" into your address bar. It should go right into the folder you want.

Tell me if that works.

I was just thinking about that while I was at church. I'll try it when I get back from my neighbors house and tell you the results.

• Content Count:  177

I was just thinking about that while I was at church. I'll try it when I get back from my neighbors house and tell you the results.

your really thinking about a game in church? thats funny.

Just do it manually.

Tell me if that works.

Thanks man, it worked.

• Content Count:  494

your really thinking about a game in church? thats funny.

Dude during the singing part no one pays attention. I always get misc. thoughts too lol.

Reply to Thread