? servers

? players online

Total War: Medieval II

• Content Count:  1938

By far one of my most favorite strategy game I have ever played. It brings TBS and RTS together in an environment that it utterly beautiful. You are going to need a decent computer to run the game with full graphics but even at medium, its a very beautiful game.

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/medieval2/index.html&nav=/en/medieval2/

I also have its expansion Kingdoms, which adds some more flavor to the game. Some warning, your most likely going to have to download a mod for the game because the AI is very simple and it makes a hard difficulty game seem easy as a hell. But luckily the Total War community has a very large Mod Database. Some mods even have as many as 60 developers creating mods that could even be sold on their own. Currently I am using the Broken Crescent mod.

Has anyone else played TW:MII???

• Content Count:  670

I have it, the battles are fun as hell to play but I find myself getting bored pretty quick with campaigns, especially when they turn into battles of attrition over a single territory.

I've been...uh...in the process of buying kingdoms for a while now but the campus network is shitty so it's taking forever.

Also it's M2:TW, you got it backwards :p

• Content Count:  4263

I have it, currently playing an epic game where the AI has actually played sensibly, and not constantly declared war on me!!!

Playing as France, got Spain and HRE as protectirates, taken over protugal, britain, scandinavia, italy (+more)

The Mongols conquered up to Constantinople, so i dispatched my whole army (8 full stack balanced armies :d + constant full stack reinforcements every 4 turns) and held them off. Landed a 'ninja' army in egypt, which conquered all of egypt and jerusalem area. Now the timurids have arrived and i'm squarig up for a massive battle (it should end up with 4-5 full stacks from me vs 4-5 full stacks from them)

• Content Count:  670

The Mongols conquered up to Constantinople, so i dispatched my whole army (8 full stack balanced armies :d + constant full stack reinforcements every 4 turns) and held them off. Landed a 'ninja' army in egypt, which conquered all of egypt and jerusalem area. Now the timurids have arrived and i'm squarig up for a massive battle (it should end up with 4-5 full stacks from me vs 4-5 full stacks from them)

Oh man you're gonna get owned :OOO Mongol heavy cavalry is at least on par with the top-tier french cavalry, slightly more powerful if I remember correctly. Not sure about the Timurids but you can check out the game files and look at their offensive/defensive values. I WISH YOU LUCK SIR

• Content Count:  1938

I have it, currently playing an epic game where the AI has actually played sensibly, and not constantly declared war on me!!!

Playing as France, got Spain and HRE as protectirates, taken over protugal, britain, scandinavia, italy (+more)

You should try the Stainless Steel mod, it adds so much more to the game, and makes the AI much more realistic. You don't have battles were you just pepper them with arrows and they just chill there.

I haven't played ina few months, but that was the state of my game when i left it :p

The mongols are now my allies because i crushed them, and their troop producing cities have been taken over by the timurids

Current;y as France each full stakc of 20 units is: 1 General Cavalry, 2 Muskets, 6 Scotsa Guard (archers), 4 of best cavalry, 2 serpentines, 5 pike men

• Content Count:  4473

Well if you are running Vista, it hides the game in the save game folder in you TW directory (or wherever you have the game installed) and you have to push a button in the folder to view it and copy back to normal so you can use it in the game.

It did that with me in Rome TW a few times

• Content Count:  4473

oh, lol

nvm

Yeah, it happens after you get to the point where you know you are going to win, so whats the point in continuing...

Or you are in a war that you know will lats 90% of the game you are playing and you don't want to muck around so much

most annoying thing: playing on v.hard as milan, the moors for some reason declare war on me and start landing full stack armies to attack me in italy...and this is in the first 10 turns. By now i'm already at war with sicily, venice, HRE, france, spain...

Reply to Thread