? servers

? players online

Total War: Medieval II

• Content Count:  1938

There are a few scripts and mods that make the diplomacy actually sane. You don't get long time allies backstabbing you because their army got lost in your country.

But I suffer from the same syndrome. I usually can't go more than 20 turns in a campaign, I always have to play a new factions. That why I can't play MMORPG's, I start as one class/race for the first 10 lvls, then I have to play another one.

The only MMO that I ever played in it entirety was Planetside. Planetside was the shit the first year it came out, it was one of the best multi-player games I ever played. Its ashame that it died once WoW came out. I remember it, as soon as WoW came out the population fell in half. It was never the same again, *cries*

• Content Count:  1755

Yeah I got the game but haven't played it in a couple months. From where I left off.............

I am GB and conquered the island and almost all of France. I am allies with the pope and Portugal. I have the best assassins ever, I got so many I sometimes I forget I have them there. My tactic is to kill the generals before invading the town or whatever. I got Jerusalem and the other city below that, I forgot the name. The Mongols and Egyptians are raping those two towns. And I am barely holding on to it. Those heavy cavalry SOB's just rape me every time I step out of the my cities but I have really good city defenses so I am basically always under siege and it also doesn't help that Jerusalem is being Jihad-ed. lol In other words.....Europe easy as hell to conquer, the Middle East.....not so easy.

So what kinda mods are there to download? Like good ones?

• Content Count:  4263

one of the problems i think with the game is the europe itself. As soon as you knock out either france or HRE none of the other factions, with the exception of the mongols or timurids ever become powerful enough to challenge you

• Content Count:  1938

Yeah I got the game but haven't played it in a couple months. From where I left off.............

I am GB and conquered the island and almost all of France. I am allies with the pope and Portugal. I have the best assassins ever, I got so many I sometimes I forget I have them there. My tactic is to kill the generals before invading the town or whatever. I got Jerusalem and the other city below that, I forgot the name. The Mongols and Egyptians are raping those two towns. And I am barely holding on to it. Those heavy cavalry SOB's just rape me every time I step out of the my cities but I have really good city defenses so I am basically always under siege and it also doesn't help that Jerusalem is being Jihad-ed. lol In other words.....Europe easy as hell to conquer, the Middle East.....not so easy.

So what kinda mods are there to download? Like good ones?

I use Stainless Steel for normal Campaigns. It revamps the AI, new functionable traits,new factions, proper AI battles.

If you want to try a total conversion mod, i'd recommend Broken Crescent. Takes place in late 12th century in the middle east. The map goes from Byzantine/Ukraine to Punjab/West India. I believe 5 new Christian, 8 new Muslim, 1 new Pagan, 1 new Hindu factions. All new units with unique features such as a AOR (Area of Recruitment) Makes it so that large Empires have mixed units such as in real life. So you don't get French Knights in Egypt : p

• Content Count:  2936

I thought the expansion was kind of weak compared to the barbarian expansion for rtw. I play vanilla a lot more.

Denmark explodes all over the map if you let them. My biggest challenges, playing as the spanish were french (no early game spears = alot of dead skirmishers), and fighting off several factions at once that were attacking my 2 main settlements in the contenin peninsula. I think it was england and low and behold, denmark.

I dont like how arbitrary the merchant "fight" is. I've had guys with a LOT of skill get pwned for no reason.

I like seiges. I want to take one of the muslim factions so I can play as those. Still in europe.

• Content Count:  4473

yeah, that little edit really isn't hard...don't know why they made it so easy, but its not really a big thing anyway. on RTW, if you play as the Senate or rebels it crashes your game after a while so if you edit, do not play as anybody your not supposed to be

Reply to Thread