? servers

? players online

For all you TTT players

• Content Count:  6466

They had a small sale on Garry's mod, so I bought and decided to try the TTT mod i heard so much about.

I have never been so confused in a game before.

I think I'm gonna have to read a tutorial or something.

Tutorial:

There are three 'classes' of people on TTT:

-Traitors (Kill everyone other than other traitors)

-Detectives (Have gadgets to help identify traitors, such as dna sampler and radar to see how many people are on the map, they are also proven innocent because you can't be traitor and detective at the same time)

-Innocents (Have to try and prove they're innocent by killing another traitor, going into a testing chamber area that says if they're traitor or not, or just survive the round on their own wits)

Pushing 'c' I believe is the default key in-game will open a menu for Traitors and Detectives, showing their special items available to them, items require credits which you get for killing Traitors or Detectives, or checking their bodies for credits.

When a player is killed, their body is listed as 'unidentified body' until someone runs up to them and uses the 'use' key to search it, it will list what they were shot by, how long they have been dead, and for detectives it will tell you who they last saw before they died.

The game is basically a game of logic versus wits, you have to deduce who the traitors are by what actions certain players do throughout the round. A player who runs past an unidentified body, usually a traitor, someone who has the same weapon as what killed another person a short time ago, traitor. Someone who runs away from C4 without saying 'C4!', usually a traitor.

The hardest part of the game is proving you're innocent, whether you're traitor or innocent. Since there's so few ways to prove 'innocence' players tend to roam on their own until they kill a traitor or prove to a detective they're innocent.

That's basically the game in a nutshell. The rest can't be taught, you just have to play the game for awhile to get the hang of it. Generally new players won't shoot ANYONE unless they're traitor, to get the hang of it and learn the maps/what makes someone a traitor. The people who are good at the game are the ones that listen and can tell when a person is lying or have played long enough to know how certain people act when they're traitor.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2043

They had a small sale on Garry's mod, so I bought and decided to try the TTT mod i heard so much about.

I have never been so confused in a game before.

I think I'm gonna have to read a tutorial or something.

Press F1 ingame and read all of it.

• Content Count:  133

More Maps, More Shotguns, 2:1 terrorist detective ratio, more nuke. I really new to gmod but noxious gaming's ttt server would be a pretty good example some of these things. However there map voting system is confusing. Is knife one of your weapon choices?

• Content Count:  4550

When you join the server, it automatically tells you to press f1 if you're new. I guess it's like a flippin motd though. Nobody actually bothers to read it and clicks to close it instantly. The reason for the 24 slots is because it is quite populated and full in the evenings. Hell if it stays full at 24, could bump it up to 28. 24 slots would be 6 traitors, 3 detectives and 15 innocents. The extra detective should make it fair.

As for the server crashing, it's hard to correlate whether its maps or the server. I know christmas town was crashing it so I removed that. I also know richland has traps that can cause the server to crash too. However on such maps like bank, which could be the map for all I know, has crashed the server aswell, but not often. I can't remember a time when the server has crashed on one of the cs or de maps. Thething seems pretty stable too.

Also to make custom weps, it's something called SWEPS. You can check out http://www.garrysmod.org but I've not looked to deeply into it. You could also check out youtube for some tutorials.

Regardless of what some people want, I am thinking of producing some rules, just to clarify cases where people have rdm'd when they shouldn't. I'll also provide a thread in the SA section for admins and the commands. Possibly a clarification on the ulx and sourcemod addons, since both work together.

Since apprentices don't have access to the server admin forum either, pm me with your steam ID and your in-game name so I can add you. It's hard to keep track of who wants added and who doesn't. Also normal server admins, remember there is a stickied thread where you can post for admin access.

Some people have also posted some more maps for ttt. I'll try those soon. Right now I'm busy with exams and need to focus on them. My last one is on the 30th, so once it's done I can pretty much switch my focus onto ttt.

Reply to Thread