? servers

? players online

College Placement Test

• Content Count:  6084

My SAT and ACT dates are still a ways off, but I took this one so that I could apply for dual-enrollment next year and did fairly well I think.

(What I got in paranthesis) Score possible: 120

Necessary to dual-enroll (at lowest class levels-No CLEP) is in brackets

Reading {83} (116) :mellow:

Writing {83} (100) :sleep:

Elem. Algebra {72} (110) :mellow:

College Math {41} (71) Fukin' Trig. :glare:

Anyone else taken it?

• Content Count:  1938

My SAT and ACT dates are still a ways off, but I took this one so that I could apply for dual-enrollment next year and did fairly well I think.

(What I got in paranthesis) Score possible: 120

Necessary to dual-enroll (at lowest class levels-No CLEP) is in brackets

Reading {83} (116) :mellow:

Writing {83} (100) :sleep:

Elem. Algebra {72} (110) :mellow:

College Math {41} (71) Fukin' Trig. :glare:

Anyone else taken it?

What is this test i've never heard of it before? And dual-enrollment?

I only took my SAT's once and I got a 1280 which is all that i needed

• Content Count:  670

If I were an admissions worker, I don't think I would take any test seriously that had trig in the "college math" section :\

If you can do algebra, you're good for any major that doesn't make heavy use of mathematics (eg. physics or business). A lot of places will require you to at least take algebra but that shit's cake.

If I were an admissions worker, I don't think I would take any test seriously that had trig in the "college math" section :\

If you can do algebra, you're good for any major that doesn't make heavy use of mathematics (eg. physics or business). A lot of places will require you to at least take algebra but that shit's cake.

From what i've learned, your only required to know Algebra for most of your non-math related majors. Calculus is the next requirement for your science/business majors that aren't heavy in math, then you basically have to learn them all if your taking any of the math based majors.

I'm glad that I only needed to take Calculus I for the math part of my major. I would shoot myself If I had to take all 3 Calcs

Trig isn't that hard...at least not on any standardized tests I have taken...

But I am that geeky kid who is majoring in Forensic Science so your results may vary. :001_tt2:

your right, Trig in standardized tests aren't really all that hard. They usualy don't even have logarithms in them at all, just your basic Trig formulas.

But I am that geeky kid who is majoring in Biochemistry so your results may vary.

• Content Count:  4473

:ohmy:

Bio and Chem FTW!

Trig gets hard with the Calculus...when there is the Logs, natural logs, deriving, integrating, etc.... gotta remember all those damn rules...its the stuff math majors wank off to that makes men cry.:rlol:

Reply to Thread