? servers

? players online

The Playground: An Epic Struggle

• Content Count:  464

The current generation of coddled, weak, and sanitized youngsters just don't understand the joys and perils of the recess playground. Nothing matches the improper use of equipment, gang-style beatings, or dangerous ideas about how to have fun that we all witnessed or participated in on the glorious recess fields of our youth.

If I recall correctly when I was in elementary school, we would pack rocks up to the highest level of the jungle gym and one kid would grab handfuls and throw them up blindly into the air while the rest of us would run around with our hands covering our heads. It was frightening and people would freak out and run off the play-yard to the safety of the grass field. The last person standing in the danger zone would win and get to be the guy throwing the rocks the next round. We called it Death Rain.

It was a simpler time, it was a better time.

Now let's hear some of your stories!!

• Content Count:  605

The current generation of coddled, weak, and sanitized youngsters just don't understand the joys and perils of the recess playground. Nothing matches the improper use of equipment, gang-style beatings, or dangerous ideas about how to have fun that we all witnessed or participated in on the glorious recess fields of our youth.

If I recall correctly when I was in elementary school, we would pack rocks up to the highest level of the jungle gym and one kid would grab handfuls and throw them up blindly into the air while the rest of us would run around with our hands covering our heads. It was frightening and people would freak out and run off the play-yard to the safety of the grass field. The last person standing in the danger zone would win and get to be the guy throwing the rocks the next round. We called it Death Rain.

Where the hell did you grow up? I remember kickball and monkey bars. That's it.

• Content Count:  1554

I always remember playing football in elementary, the school didnt have a playground yet because it was new besides a big grass field, remembering the teachers always saying not to tackle and use 2 hand touch lol

and there was always kickball

• Content Count:  4360

2nd grade Dodge ball, one thrower and everyone else stands up against a wall. Ball smashed some kids head into the wall and he was bleeding. We were banned from playing dodge ball.

• Content Count:  985

The year was 1997 and the Summer camp at the YMCA had just opened some hiking trails in the woods behind the Y's main building. Those woods turned into an epic Capture The Flag battlefield. There were even makeshift buildings from logs, leafy branches and what ever other jargon we could find. It was a summer that lead to on going friendships to this day.

Oh the nostalgia of it all.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread