? servers

? players online

Weird shit going on with my computer.

• Content Count:  108

Alright, lets move past all that.

To rephrase all this, a website was open in my browser this morning when I hopped on my computer, and I didn't visit the website. It wasn't a pop-up or anything. It was intentionally there, which leads me to believe that someone is fucking with me. IF someone is doing shit through my computer, what can I do to prevent this or to not allow this "person" to do shit through my computer?

Defensive much?

And I didn't mean to get so defensive. It just offends me that one would think I would want to be associated with that retarded, childish shit of a website. I'll watch out about posting links like that, because after a second read-through, it did seem like a bit of advertising, which I honestly wasn't trying to do. I just really want some help here.

Edited by Hyperviolence

• Content Count:  108

So it is definitely possible for the person I'm stealing the internet from to do this sort of thing? I just don't know much about these things. Stealing the internet isn't a very nice thing to do so I wouldn't be surprised if it was them. What I'm confused about, though, is that my steam account was hijacked, and then this whole thing happened. If it was my neighbor, I guess I could understand the website thing, but not the account hijacking. Unless they are both unrelated and it was just good timing.

• Content Count:  2085

And I didn't mean to get so defensive. It just offends me that one would think I would want to be associated with that retarded, childish shit of a website. I'll watch out about posting links like that, because after a second read-through, it did seem like a bit of advertising, which I honestly wasn't trying to do. I just really want some help here.

Ok, cool. I really dislike people getting in trouble when they didn't mean to do it; I was mostly trying to get you to stay safe.

So it is definitely possible for the person I'm stealing the internet from to do this sort of thing?

They can do anything, but I doubt they'd go through the trouble to do that. A traffic provider can change any bytes they want, they can even make SG redirect to Goatse, or any such thing.

Really, the best plan of action in my opinion is to reformat and reinstall Windows. Even if your neighbors ARE playing games with your Internet, it's better to be safe than sorry (recover Steam account, realize you have a virus if/when it gets stolen again). Stolen Steam accounts are srs bsns if you have a lot of games you don't want to rebuy (a lot of account stealers cheat on stolen accounts, so you'll end up being on the end of the VAC shitstick).

/lastposthere

Reply to Thread