? servers

? players online

Firearms: Source (FREE HL2 MOD)

• Content Count:  464

First of all let me say this game is just released, so there are still bugs. There is a patch coming out next week to fix some things like the lack of recoil on the SR-25

You guys should try this game, it's pretty fun. Its a free hl2 mod. The game needs a bigger playerbase so hopefully valve will recognize it and get it on steam so the devs can actually start charging for it and hopefully hire better people to make the game better.

It's got a pretty steep learning curve, so don't be frustrated when you keep getting owned because I did, just keep playing and you will learn to get better. Once you learn how the recoil works (its kind of like dod) and the tactics other players use, you get better.

One thing to remember that I didn't figure out until I saw it is to buy body armor before you spawn, especially a helmet, because otherwise you will get owned like I did.

You guys should try this game, it's pretty fun. Its a free hl2 mod. The game needs a bigger playerbase so hopefully valve will recognize it and get it on steam so the devs can actually start charging for it and hopefully hire better people to make the game better.

Home Page:

http://www.firearms-source.com/index.php

Download:

http://www.firearms-source.com/index.php?page=downloads

Game Requirements:

You must have Steam installed and own any Source engine game that allows you to download the Source SDK Base. If you do not own a Source engine game and are low on cash, you can buy Half-Life 2 Deathmatch on Steam for $5.00.

Or you can have an ATi or nvidia video card and get it for free !

Installation:

First, you must download the game from one of our many mirrors on the Downloads page. After you have downloaded it, you must install the game in your SourceMods directory (..\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\). Then you must restart steam if it is currently running, and if everything worked, you will see Firearms Source on your games list. If you are having difficulty, you can seek help in the category Tech Support of our forums.

One thing to remember that I didn't figure out until I saw it is to buy body armor before you spawn, especially a helmet, because otherwise you will get owned.

Heres some preview vids:

[Youtube]H9OqfVElFfg&feature=player_embedded [Youtube]PW4mOmzkqQk&feature=player_embedded [Youtube]R9JXXqHEPp8&feature=player_embedded [Youtube]JImAOAlaCm4&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Finzz

Reply to Thread