? servers

? players online

Parkour.

• Content Count:  3341

Anybody have done that shit? My older friend is teaching be the basics right now (1 handed jump, 2 handed jump, monkey jump etc etc...)

Just wanted to know if anybody have done it, tried it or does it. If you do/have done it can you please give me some tips?

Thank you.

• Content Count:  4960

Lol. I'm not going to be a wannabefag and pretend like I've done it before as the closest thing I've done, even remotely, is gymnastics.

Just like gymnastics I'm guessing you're always going to need a spotting partner if you fuck up.

Protective gear is a must if you're an absolute beginner, no matter what, but if you want to hit your full potential you need to start getting used to not using protective equipment. The simple things though that I think would apply in Parkour that applies in Gymnastics is the cloths you wear.

Make sure you don't wear such baggy clothing that it slows you down. Wear clothing that doesn't cause a lot of air resistance but don't go as far as something as tight as Woman's stalkings LOL.

Protective gloves would help at the start because lots of cement structures have sharp tops (from what I've experienced being retards with friends) and like I said, getting used to not using gloves to build on your palm/hand strength will help you hit your full potential.

Simple things like eating healthy can also apply to the ability of doing Parkour, it's completely logical. If you eat fast food you won't feel as energized, it might even tire you.

Also, another simple tip is to try things that are remotely easy for you first because Parkour is much MUCH more dangerous from what I've seen. Don't be a retard and start off doing Parkour by jumping roof tops and somersault finishing, you'll get yourself broken bones...even killed.

That's all I can say at the moment because that's off the top of my head from what I've learned when I did gymnastics.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11725

Lol. I'm not going to be a wannabefag and pretend like I've done it before as the closest thing I've done, even remotely, is gymnastics.

Just like gymnastics I'm guessing you're always going to need a spotting partner if you fuck up.

Protective gear is a must if you're an absolute beginner, no matter what, but if you want to hit your full potential you need to start getting used to not using protective equipment. The simple things though that I think would apply in Parkour that applies in Gymnastics is the cloths you wear.

Make sure you don't wear such baggy clothing that it slows you down. Wear clothing that doesn't cause a lot of air resistance but don't go as far as something as tight as Woman's stalkings LOL.

Protective gloves would help at the start because lots of cement structures have sharp tops (from what I've experienced being retards with friends) and like I said, getting used to not using gloves to build on your palm/hand strength will help you hit your full potential.

Simple things like eating healthy can also apply to the ability of doing Parkour, it's completely logical. If you eat fast food you won't feel as energized, it might even tire you.

Also, another simple tip is to try things that are remotely easy for you first because Parkour is much MUCH more dangerous from what I've seen. Don't be a retard and start off doing Parkour by jumping roof tops and somersault finishing, you'll get yourself broken bones...even killed.

That's all I can say at the moment because that's off the top of my head from what I've learned when I did gymnastics.

WALL OF TEXT

Depends.

I do some crazy shit but i dont know if it world be called parkour.

I heard about 4-5 months ago on sankaku complex its just wall jumping

http://www.pkto.ca/

Only in the shitty T

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquXcwooV6A

Edited by Metal

• Content Count:  4960

WALL OF TEXT

Depends.

I do some crazy shit but i dont know if it world be called parkour.

I heard about 4-5 months ago on sankaku complex its just wall jumping

Nah Parkour is just pretty much overcoming physical obstacles, just like gymnastics is sometimes. You could be doing hurdles and that's still considered parkour.

• Content Count:  2284

Old video, but still awesome.

zJg9N-V83F0

Couldn't put the original video in due to the embedding being disabled.

Also, from what I've experienced at my old middle school, is that gloves DO in fact make a huge difference in the beginning stages. I used to jump around and climb all over the middle school with my friends playing Capture the Flag, and one night I wore gloves that covered the palms of my hands and wrists and it made ALL the difference. You no longer have to worry about getting owned by the sharp edges with brick. Just some advice, go buy some gloves and cut the fingers of the gloves down to about the second joint in your fingers, and you should be fine. Or just buy some paintball gloves.

Edited by Lucid

Reply to Thread