? servers

? players online

Check out my car!

• Content Count:  1230

if its all tuned up .... new plugs,wires, dist. cap,rotor, carbs clean, etc then it should get bout 20-22 mpg if not and its a lil rough... good luck lol prolly 14-16 mpg

I agree, there's no way an old card engine is going to be getting 20mpg. Even 4-bangers with carbs have trouble maintaining 18mpg.

• Content Count:  157

if its all tuned up .... new plugs,wires, dist. cap,rotor, carbs clean, etc then it should get bout 20-22 mpg if not and its a lil rough... good luck lol prolly 14-16 mpg

glad im not the only one who is realistic about gas mileage.

But if it makes you feel any better, my first car is STILL rated has having the worst gas mileage of any vehicle, ever made. 7mpg average ftw.

• Content Count:  670

20-25 on a 6 cyl engine??? I have 3.8L V6 and get about 16 city and 20 highway mpg

I get 16city/28highway on mine

3800 Series II gets like 26city/28highway....

depending on what condition that thing is in you MIGHT be able to squeeze 20mpg out of it on a good day. And I hope you mean 200/250ci and not 200/250hp, cause you'll be in for a surprise if you're expecting 200hp out of that thing...try 80.

• Content Count:  6084

Fine then I'll just throw out the back seats, that roof, cut off some metal here and there... O wait that makes it into a go kart :p.

I'll tell you what it gets for sure when it gets down here, it's still up in Pennsylvania.

Just for giggles looked it up.

14+ Intown, 20-25 when lucky highway.

Edited by PotshotPolka

• Content Count:  157

Fine then I'll just throw out the back seats, that roof, cut off some metal here and there... O wait that makes it into a go kart :p.

I'll tell you what it gets for sure when it gets down here, it's still up in Pennsylvania.

Just for giggles looked it up.

14+ Intown, 20-25 when lucky highway.

dont bother cutting weight unless your good at it. Every 300lbs is about 1mpg. So that'd be a LOT of work for not a lot of results. Now, if your smart and can afford it, you could CF the entire car, but thats more expensive then what your saving.

• Content Count:  6084

dont bother cutting weight unless your good at it. Every 300lbs is about 1mpg. So that'd be a LOT of work for not a lot of results. Now, if your smart and can afford it, you could CF the entire car, but thats more expensive then what your saving.

Well I was kinda kidding... But I am considering adding a supercharger to force air into the carborator to increase effeciency (Yes this actually does work, no cars back then weren't fuel injected.)

Reply to Thread