? servers

? players online

Just a Notice for Those Unaware

• Content Count:  1079

Well like I said, if you wish to discuss anything I have said then I'll discuss it in PM's since everything I said was pretty clear and not really a "Immature school child" way of discussion as you put it.

But I wasn't referring to you or a few others. I was only referring to a special handful that consistently do that stuff :)

Edited by Chêvouÿx

• Content Count:  11501

I'm fairly certain that the threads were locked because it became evident that nothing could be maturely discussed in public. If people are going to make this a pissing contest like the other two, then this thread should be locked. But why can't SG handle a mature conversation?

Moreover, though, this is more an appeal to conveying ideas better and conducting better discussions than to human nature or lack thereof. No one should have to worry about PMing when we as a community could (albeit, probably can't) handle this stuff as the actual (young) adults that we are.

I know people are going to claim that I'm just spilling fuel into the fire, but, as I said, that's not what I'm intending. What I want is for people to explain and discuss why we as a community are so willing to cry, aimlessly criticize, and lock threads when we could so easily discuss our problems reasonably without issue. I do not want people to come into this thread just to blame, call names, and make themselves dicks. If this thread becomes an opportunity for people to +1 and say "lol, you're stupid", then I want it to be locked.

Because in the other two threads it got down to ridiculous levels of hearsay. And when it gets to that it's just going to wind up with people arguing / thinking they're cool to disagree with a higher up. Tbh I don't see a point in having a discussion about said topic mainly because not all information can be presented. Sure, I can tell you (as in the general population of SG) in the thread what actions people (the same people who tried to stand against trolling, I guess) are doing that wind up getting them in trouble / under discussion in the AO section, but what good is that? I'd probably be demoted for being untrustworthy, and the people who are made to look like an idiot in the thread (yaknow, for proof of them being the same thing they're arguing about in the thread) are just going to get baited even harder into trolling.

Some things can't really be discussed in a full, open conversation, and that topic was one.

Because in the other two threads it got down to ridiculous levels of hearsay. And when it gets to that it's just going to wind up with people arguing / thinking they're cool to disagree with a higher up. Tbh I don't see a point in having a discussion about said topic mainly because not all information can be presented. Sure, I can tell you (as in the general population of SG) in the thread what actions people (the same people who tried to stand against trolling, I guess) are doing that wind up getting them in trouble / under discussion in the AO section, but what good is that? I'd probably be demoted for being untrustworthy, and the people who are made to look like an idiot in the thread (yaknow, for proof of them being the same thing they're arguing about in the thread) are just going to get baited even harder into trolling.

Some things can't really be discussed in a full, open conversation, and that topic was one.

But, see, why can't people respond to topics like your reply? Why are so many people unable to learn from others' and their own mistakes from the past? Why are we so willing to just say "lol, you're stupid, you know nothing" and then lock the thread? I know and acknowledge that some threads are just going to hit a point where they need to be locked, but the threads to which I'm referring are not the sole examples.

Simply explain to me why the majority can't discuss like you, Drox, and I have in this thread and I'll shut the fuck up.

• Content Count:  11501

I know and acknowledge that some threads are just going to hit a point where they need to be locked, but the threads to which I'm referring are not the sole examples.

Are you talking about this thread or the QQ ones?

• Content Count:  8383

Simply explain to me why the majority can't discuss like you, Drox, and I have in this thread and I'll shut the fuck up.

lol I just re-read your post my bad

Edited by Drox

Are you talking about this thread or the QQ ones?

Both.

Who said I cant discuss stuff? I was discussing stuff without really flaming or trolling anyone, so I dont see why you keep dragging others into this invisible group of people who cant think or say anything besides "lol, stupid, fag, stfu, or gtfo". :S

I said you can discuss stuff. I asked Caution why others in this community are so unable to discuss problems/things maturely, coherently, and in a well-written manner whereas you (Drox), Caution, and I (Chêvouÿx/Avro) can.

I'm "dragging" people into that group because I continue to see threads who present a problem so poorly that it neither helps their case nor improves anything. I'm "dragging" people into that group because, perhaps if they learn to look introspectively before posting, the community will actually improve and be able to more efficiently fix itself (as a "functioning forum of minds and gathering of fun") rather than having to deal with stuff like "omg i lost my admin its personnel nao".

I already know most higher-ups aren't like that. It just boggles my mind when I see either side be so stubborn that the ability to discuss as a forum is thrown out the window or when I see either side call each other stupid/dumb.

• Content Count:  1571

drama drama drama drama drama drama dramadrama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama

drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8383

Both.

I said you can discuss stuff. I asked Caution why others in this community are so unable to discuss problems/things maturely, coherently, and in a well-written manner whereas you (Drox), Caution, and I (Chêvouÿx/Avro) can.

I'm "dragging" people into that group because I continue to see threads who present a problem so poorly that it neither helps their case nor improves anything. I'm "dragging" people into that group because, perhaps if they learn to look introspectively before posting, the community will actually improve and be able to more efficiently fix itself (as a "functioning forum of minds and gathering of fun") rather than having to deal with stuff like "omg i lost my admin its personnel nao".

I already know most higher-ups aren't like that. It just boggles my mind when I see either side be so stubborn that the ability to discuss as a forum is thrown out the window or when I see either side call each other stupid/dumb.

Yea I understand

drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama

You're one of the very people that I'm talking about when I criticize the lack of mature discussion.

Get the fuck out of this thread.

Reply to Thread