? players online

Do you believe in God?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes, I do believe in God.
    • No, I'm atheist.

What do you believe in?

• Content Count:  464

Dear neji, sit on my lap and I'll tell you the story.

God wasn't there always, even before the universe was created. God is not the creator of the universe. Who do you think created God? Religious followers have no idea how God was created. There are theories, but no real proof. I don't understand how people can believe in 'God'. We haven't seen it, or have proof.

This works both ways, you have no proof God doesn't exist.

• Content Count:  6712

I was born Catholic....my mum has an Irish background and so that was just normal...although my dad isn't religious at all. I myself don't remember ever having faith in religion....I know by the time I was 5 I had already worked out to myself that I can't believe in religion.

No one can prove anything yet..we are not advanced enough to prove anything as fact....but we can make educated theories that will hopefully lead us in the right direction......and I highly doubt that religion is that lead.

For the sake of it, as religion cannot be proven wrong there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (add another 100000000000000000000000000000000000 billion 0's and you're 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% of the way to the percentage)1% chance that it is right simply out of pure luck.....because for me it's just a guessed story created by Humans to solve our problems.....and has less likelihood of being real than Starwars.

People believe that what they cannot understand is something greater than them....throughout the history of mankind there's been many different "Gods" and they've all eventually died out as we've made it seem silly. e.g. When we couldn't understand flight......birds were thought of as Gods (or something like that). I can't really bothered to go any deeper...everyone just spirals into complicated, contradictory shit that I've already had the displeasure of getting involved in too many times.

TL:DR religion is a hopeful guess by humans......IMO.

Due to all that I said.....I'd say I'm a very pro science Agnostic.

• Content Count:  11501

Agnostics more or less don't care.

Wait...what? Are you the spokesperson for Agnosticism? Just because somebody won't believe in deities by hearsay hardly means they don't care; it could also mean they seek proof.

p.s.

Hazard call me gay one more time and I will rage so hard that your time in this thread will be ogre.

• Content Count:  2132

Wait...what? Are you the spokesperson for Agnosticism? Just because somebody won't believe in deities by hearsay hardly means they don't care; it could also mean they seek proof.

p.s.

Hazard call me gay one more time and I will rage so hard that your time in this thread will be ogre.

Wait sherk, don't go!

That's where the whole aspect of faith comes in, Atheists/Agnostics need it just as much, if not more, as Theists.

How do you figure that?

• Content Count:  6712

That's where the whole aspect of faith comes in, Atheists/Agnostics need it just as much, if not more, as Theists.

Faith for me needs some kind of reasoning.

I have faith in my house not falling down......I'm fairly sure it's secure.

There's no reason to have faith in God, other then that you want there to be a God. If a man's want for a God can somehow translate to there actually being a God.....then we've got a pretty cool Universe........

To suggest that everyone needs faith in religion/God for me is insulting. I have no reason to trust something that has not been proven in the slightest. Hey....you might as well have faith in Jigglebear.....maybe he was testing us to see if we were good Samaritans.....and we all failed and are going to Hell.

I like to call having faith in religion.......blind faith.

(again IMO...which is basically my disclaimer :nuts:)

Edited by Lux

Reply to Thread