? servers

? players online

Should we get a Debate/Discussion Forum?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get a Debate/Discussion Forum?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • 0 Care.

Should we get a Debate/Discussion Forum?

• Content Count:  464

I don't know if this has been brought up before, or where to post it, but I think it would cool to have a Forum solely for Debate and Discussion. I've seen it on other forums and I think it would be beneficial for SG to get one going. The threads could be as trivial as chocolate vs. vanilla to topics like stem-cell research or abortion. Those are just a scant few, the ideas are limitless!

I vote yes, it would be a sweet thing to have!

• Content Count:  8383

Thats really what politics thread is mostly about, also debates can happen in news and other forums aslong as people debate maturely on the issue at hand.

• Content Count:  8756

Although what Drox said is true, I think an actual subforum or forum for debates would be great. People could post topics pertaining to anything (to an extent), whereas in politics it only covers those issues, and news threads aren't always up for debate. In its own section, people could discuss topics that are "relevant to their interests".

• Like 1

If I remeber correctly there may be something like this in the new forums.

I'd personally like it to not be limited to just news or politics, to be able debate or discuss literally anything, within forum rules of course, would be nice to have.

• Content Count:  4685

I'd personally like it to not be limited to just news or politics, to be able debate or discuss literally anything, within forum rules of course, would be nice to have.

I would too, but many people around here think that a debate is an argument because they are morons who cant stand thinking and cant handle those that do or that anyone who dosent think the same way as them is simply trolling.... its sad.

I would too, but many people around here think that a debate is an argument because they are morons who cant stand thinking and cant handle those that do.

Most of the time, the debates turn into arguments. The leading cause of locked threads which wouldnt change with a debate forum. lol

I would too, but many people around here think that a debate is an argument because they are morons who cant stand thinking and cant handle those that do or that anyone who dosent think the same way as them is simply trolling.... its sad.

Most of the time, the debates turn into arguments. The leading cause of locked threads. lol

Couldn't some higher up set rules for that specific forum, like they do in politics?

Couldn't some higher up set rules for that specific forum, like they do in politics?

Threads still get out of control sometimes in the politics forum. Not as much as OTF but it still happens when people start going at it.

Reply to Thread