? servers

? players online

Stop Virgin or say goodbye to the Internet.

• Content Count:  75

Yeah, see, here's the thing...I don't really care. You may call me ignorant, hippie, whatever. But I don't. Virgin is simply a corporation. It has brands of telephone services, internet services, mobile phone services, it has a franchise in passenger aircraft. It doesn't mean they therefore own ALL of the competition.

If you have your internet supplied by Virgin it doesn't mean someday they can turn around and cut you off, or apply filters. It's like saying that now Google own YouTube they'll just turn it off.

Corporations are set out to make money, and I have no idea how doing that will make them any, because if that was the case, people would just switch. It would, if anything, help the competition.

I'm not too sure myself how doing this would make them more money, but I figure they would be targeting people who can afford to pay more for premium content. The fact that Virgin is openly stating its intentions would make its competition think about what they're trying to do - which in the end is making more money. If top competitors see the value in making this move, they too will follow. I'm just speculating about this, but what I'm mainly trying to do is bring awareness to the possibilities.

And sure Google would turn off/get rid of youtube if it's not making them teh monehhh

• Content Count:  75

Wow, learn to read guys...CONTENT PROVIDERS pay to have THEIR CONTENT delivered faster. You don't pay to look at certain websites faster. So google will still be fast and small-time websites will get slower.

So you don't see that as a problem? Why should I have a slower speed depending on the website? For one, this would make the smaller websites harder to make it big since they would most likely get less hits. There are many other issues relating to this as well, but only if Virgin goes through with their plan. Again, I'm just trying to open awareness of the possibilities.

• Content Count:  4

sup admins...my lil bro is using my cs account and u guyz banned him yesterday for some reason ..probably cuz he was blocking or somethin he didnt tell me about it ..he wont play cs anymore i locked my acc..so can u guyz unban me for both server ze run bitch run and ze vip run bitch run..ty

Reply to Thread