? servers

? players online

ZM's Philosophy Thread

• Content Count:  1938

IMO this is the stupidest philosophy topic ever to discuss, but it can present some interesting ideas if you look at it in certain ways...

I see no needs for debating that topic for my own merit, I find it easy to figure out. I just went and put it out there because I know that others may see thing differently from how I see them, thus broadening my own understandings.

And yes, chemical processes have been proven to be manipulated by dedicated peoples. Also involuntary muscles can be accessed during the right mindset. I find that during meditation sessions that I do occasionally, I become aware of muscles that I can move on my face that I never knew I could before. Its quite interesting.

• Content Count:  1755

Well here is my philosophy.......maybe a bit crude but oh well........

Enjoy life, live life, and have fun.......

Now....I really hope you guys don't stay home all day debating with yourself this topic and living like a hermit. Because my own personal rule that I live by is f*ck God, the devil, the bible, heaven or hell because I don't let those kinda things influence my life and way of thinking. Now I am not saying enjoy life....by drinking and driving or shooting up the school no.....I am saying enjoy the moments with your family, friends and loved ones. Love the moments you indulge yourself in that perfectly cooked meal that you or your lovely wife/husband cooked for you. Go about life, trying to make it better for the rest of the world.

Or for the other side/view point.........enjoy this blissful ignorance.

Either way, don't worry and be happy ^.^

• Content Count:  670

I see no needs for debating that topic for my own merit, I find it easy to figure out. I just went and put it out there because I know that others may see thing differently from how I see them, thus broadening my own understandings.

I just think it's a boring topic because you can't really defend either side with logic or evidence, it just boils down to "YES I DO" "NO YOU DON'T"

I will say that you're wrong in assuming that having free will would limit god, though. To talk about "being able to go against god's will" implies that god has a stake in his system, or a motivation for things to play out a certain way...which may not be the case.

But there's another fun question: do god's creations have the power to destroy it? :ohmy:

• Content Count:  602

I believe in free will. God has predetermined everything, but that doesn't mean he decided what we would do for us, he only knows exactly what we will choose. This is especially important with regards to Christianity (you must choose salvation, not work for it or be given it, unless you are a Calvinist and don't believe in free will). While God is omnipresent, it is safe to say that he can still manipulate the fabric of the universe without creating some duality conflict, just like you can lift your arm or crush your own hand with your foot without ending the totality of existence.

I will say that you're wrong in assuming that having free will would limit god, though. To talk about "being able to go against god's will" implies that god has a stake in his system, or a motivation for things to play out a certain way...which may not be the case.

But there's another fun question: do god's creations have the power to destroy it? :ohmy:

I hope that what you are talking about is the possibility of going against God's will implies that God's set path can be in a sense compromised by individuals who choose different paths. I think thats what i'm getting out of what you said.

I do not believe that it is possible to "go against god's will". If what you are doing is immoral or blasphemy, it does not mean that it is against God's will.

Also what do you mean "do god's creations have the power to destroy it?" If by "it" you mean God, then I do not think so. As I have stated before, God can not be separated from this reality or else God would not be omnipresent and infinite. In such a case, to destroy God would mean to destroy yourself and the reality that we exist in. You would have to find a way to stop things from "being". I do not think it is possible for a "being" (not in the human sense of being) to destroy itself. The only possibility for gaining knowledge to destroy a "being" would be to find out how the "being" became. Sadly, I do not think it is possible for a human to know how a "being" became, that information is reserved for the dead.

Think about it in a scientific way. Lets limit the state of "being" to just plain matter. Our current understanding of matter is that it has always been here. We can transform the matter into things, but we can never truly destroy the matter, or find out how the matter came into existence. So with our current knowledge of what the state of "being" is, it is impossible to destroy a "being", therefore impossible to destroy God which is the state of "being" beyond categories.

Edited by Slavic

Think about it in a scientific way. Lets limit the state of "being" to just plain matter. Our current understanding of matter is that it has always been here. We can transform the matter into things, but we can never truly destroy the matter, or find out how the matter came into existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annihilation

sciencedrop.jpg

Did you read that article?

"In physics, the word is used to denote the process that occurs when a subatomic particle collides with its respective antiparticle[2]. Since energy and momentum must be conserved, the particles are not actually made into nothing, but rather into new particles"

The collision of the particle and its antiparticle creates a different and exotic photon/particle. They have a combined quantum number of zero because they are exact opposites, but they are still in existence.

What's the point of "reserving" a post? It just means that nobody who's up to date on the thread is going to read it.

Did you read that article?

"In physics, the word is used to denote the process that occurs when a subatomic particle collides with its respective antiparticle[2]. Since energy and momentum must be conserved, the particles are not actually made into nothing, but rather into new particles"

The collision of the particle and its antiparticle creates a different and exotic photon/particle. They have a combined quantum number of zero because they are exact opposites, but they are still in existence.

I guess, if you consider a photon to be matter :|

• Content Count:  4473

it is...

anything that has mass and takes up space is defined as matter...and a photon has a mass...and takes up space

Conservation of mass and energy...nothing becomes destroyed or created, just changed.:thumbup:

Reply to Thread