? servers

? players online

Time travellers

• Content Count:  4960

You have to also include extenuating circumstances if you were actually be given the ability to go back in time.

First off, if we were to invent a Time Machine, why the fuck would any of us get to use it when rocket scientists are the ones that made it. Chances are, they would also enforce some kind of ruling on whoever uses it that they cannot admit they're from the future. Doing so may cause mass panic, not to mention hysteria and whatever else might happen.

So dwell on this, what if every major advancement in technology was due to time travel?

Damn you could be right :s

Why the gigantic improvement of basically everything during the world wars?

I also believe the story about parallel worlds,

for example: You kill hitler when he's a kid when you go back to the past.

Then there will be a parallel world without hitler and maybe less or no jews died.

But you can't change what happened.

That's something we'll all have to accept :cheesy:

Be serious, everybody has been like "OMG IF I COULD TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO DO THIS THE OTHER WAY...."

Short story... good luck!

• Content Count:  6466

Ooh, physics.

Here we go:

First of all

I hope you're not serious.

Secondly, the only form of time travel that would be possible (and by possible that doesn't make it at all likely) is using photons. A mass just wouldn't work, but strictly speaking you could manipulate light. I can't actually remember the exact science for it but it is actually POTENTIALLY possible. Not that there'd be any point to it or we'd actually be able to facilitate it. Using any form of mass just wouldn't work, though.

We might as well be talking about using wormholes for easy transportation.

Could be the explanation for ghosts or seeing things out of the corner of your eye, though.

Damn you could be right :s

Why the gigantic improvement of basically everything during the world wars?

I also believe the story about parallel worlds,

for example: You kill hitler when he's a kid when you go back to the past.

Then there will be a parallel world without hitler and maybe less or no jews died.

But you can't change what happened.

That's something we'll all have to accept :cheesy:

Be serious, everybody has been like "OMG IF I COULD TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO DO THIS THE OTHER WAY...."

Short story... good luck!

But, you have to think both ways, you can't see our present time and say 'oh well, without Hitler we'd be better off'. What if in the future for whatever reason, something Hitler did avoided some kind of major catastrophe?

Perhaps there's an overpopulation issue in the future, and someone went back and WAS Hitler to kill millions of jews to prevent overpopulation at their time in the future?

There's infinite possibilities for why things in our current time have happened. Including the possibility of time travel in the future doesn't change that. One thing I will agree on is that the most likely form of time travel (being realistic at our day in age of knowledge) is that it will not be to a parallel universe, but in our own time where a new timeline is made and you can't change the past.

But, this doesn't mean there hasn't been a time traveler among us before, as they could have simply been sworn to secrecy or they are aware of the destruction/panic that could be caused if we were to be visited by a time traveler.

Imagine this:

Someone in the future makes a time machine, and someone uses it. In the future, Hitler and the wars and black slavery all ended up being of use somehow, such as overpopulation, the hap-chance of finding some technological advancement or even just to show the world something. (Such as the destruction of war, and the pain and grief it causes and how in the end it was for nothing but some minerals ect. ect.)

This person tells the world he's a time traveler, thinking they understand what he understands. (He learned about it all in school in his time, why wouldn't they understand as well?) So then what happens? Of course there's the questions of 'omg ossim, what can you show us to advance our race faster?' then there's 'what happens that we could avoid?' and finally, 'why haven't you prevented this and this and this from happening? WE CAN TIME TRAVEL, FIX IT, BRING BACK MY LOVED ONES, STOP THE WARS, RAGE'. That is quite possibly why we've never heard of a time traveler in our time.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11725

Ooh, physics.

Here we go:

First of all

I hope you're not serious.

Secondly, the only form of time travel that would be possible (and by possible that doesn't make it at all likely) is using photons. A mass just wouldn't work, but strictly speaking you could manipulate light. I can't actually remember the exact science for it but it is actually POTENTIALLY possible. Not that there'd be any point to it or we'd actually be able to facilitate it. Using any form of mass just wouldn't work, though.

We might as well be talking about using wormholes for easy transportation.

I'm just being stupid.

But i hope time travel or atleast time travel to the future is possible

• Content Count:  69

Time travelling doesn't, and will never exist.

If we discover time travelling in the future, there would be time travellers among us from the future, ergo, I can 100% guarantee right now that we never discover how to time travel.

This is exactly how i think about it.

I think the closest we will ever get to anything time travel related will be to look into the past, but not interfer with it at all.

• Content Count:  6712

This is all "I don't even......" kind of stuff.

There's so many theories and contradictions for each theory that it's just a cluster fuck of people's imagination rather than what actual is the truth.

• Content Count:  3341

I'm just being stupid.

But i hope time travel or atleast time travel to the future is possible

It is Possible, we just do not have the technology to do it yet.

• Content Count:  2666

who would he be calling if cell phones didnt exist, he wouldnt have signal, it would just be a really really cool watch that plays songs nobodys heard before.

and once it died, it would stay dead, no?

• Content Count:  6466

who would he be calling if cell phones didnt exist, he wouldnt have signal

This, basically, answers the thread. But, the thread has moved to a discussion of time travel.

Reply to Thread