? servers

? players online

To the Veterans

• Content Count:  1166

Wait...what? I'm so confused. My school gave us off last Friday for veteran's day. Nonetheless, thanks to all those who served, though I'm not quite sure that any of them view these forums.

• Content Count:  720

Wait...what? I'm so confused. My school gave us off last Friday for veteran's day. Nonetheless, thanks to all those who served, though I'm not quite sure that any of them view these forums.

Probably to give you guys the long weekend instead of having to interrupt mid-week classes?

anyways... Have a friend in Iraq right now soon to be in Afghanistan...also three Marines waiting in Florida now...My appreciation for you guys will never be forgotten.

Also

• Like 2
Edited by Ronen

• Content Count:  920

I am not American but I do live in the US and I always had a lot of respect for those who have served and are serving.

I find myself disgusted every time I hear someone disrespecting those who have and are fighting for the US.

So I wanna thank each and every one of you!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  143

Thank you to those who are serving, have served, and will serve. My brother was in Iraq a few years ago, and one of my best friends will be completing boot camp soon. I have the utmost respect for anyone willing to protect these rights I enjoy and probably take for granted on a daily basis.

• Like 1
Guest barackobama
I am not American but I do live in the US and I always had a lot of respect for those who have served and are serving.

I find myself disgusted every time I hear someone disrespecting those who have and are fighting for the US.

So I wanna thank each and every one of you!

It's more of a world wide thing.....

Here in the UK, we wear a poppy out of respect for past, present, and future soldiers fighting any war, every year we have 2 minute's of silence for the wartime remembrance.

second meaning for the depiction and use of poppies in Greco-Roman myths is the symbolism of the bright scarlet colour as signifying the promise of resurrection after death.[2] The poppy of wartime remembrance is Papaver rhoeas, the red flowered Corn poppy. This poppy is a common weed in Europe and is found in many locations, including Flanders Fields, the setting for the famous poem by Canadian surgeon and soldier, John McCrae, "In Flanders Fields". In the United States,[3][4] Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand artificial poppies (plastic in Canada, paper in the US[citation needed], UK, Australia and New Zealand) are worn to commemorate those who died in war. In the United States this is in conjunction with Veterans' Day, in Canada this is part of the Remembrance Day ceremonies, both falling on November 11, though generally poppies are worn from the beginning of November until that day. In New Zealand and Australia commemoration of the brave soldiers is celebrated on ANZAC day, April 25

http://www.poppy.org.uk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

• Like 1

Reply to Thread