? servers

? players online

To the Veterans

• Content Count:  11501

98% dont have balls? lol just because people dont sign up for it doesnt mean they dont have the balls to defend their home if a invader happens to come along. Most americans nowadays know our wars are for government interest, why die for some other bastards country when our own country is hurting?

You're doing that thing again where you take someone's quote out of context and expect them to go along with it.

Less than 2% of the American population serves in the armed forces. Anybody who signs those papers has balls; where you came up with me saying ONLY people who serve have balls is beyond me.

Considering this is a thread to honor the veterans, I'm just deleting any stupid / ignorant / off-topic posts from here on out.

• Like 1
Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  8383

You're doing that thing again where you take someone's quote out of context and expect them to go along with it.

Less than 2% of the American population serves in the armed forces. Anybody who signs those papers has balls; where you came up with me saying ONLY people who serve have balls is beyond me.

Considering this is a thread to honor the veterans, I'm just deleting any stupid / ignorant / off-topic posts from here on out.

I wouldnt say I took it out of context since it was all in the same sentence, or maybe I just misunderstood the way you worded it. Anyway, back on topic.

• Content Count:  283

this applies more to nov 10 then nov 11 but still related

7sZ5a74qTmI

caution what MOS will you have? are you getting anyone to enlist with you so you go in as an E2?

• Content Count:  2051

I always feel disdain on on Veteran's Day, for one, it's a celebration of people who survived battles where they mercilessly killed each other. On the other hand, it's not entirely their fault due to drafts.

Sorry but it's true, all war is bullshit, I agree people deserve to be rewarded for their deeds towards their nations. But nationalism is fucking bullshit. So feel free to derep me for being a conscientious objector.

It's not just about past wars, its also for people who are serving. There are some evil people out there and there is some fucked up shit that goes on, too. What's important to a person? What's important to you? Your family, your house, your belongings right? If for some reason you had those forcefully taken away from you, you would try and prevent that right? You'd protect what is yours. Now imagine that on a larger scale. If you are defenseless, you will have those important taken away from you. That is what the military is for, aside from what anyone says about politics. The day is dedication for those who WILLINGLY to risk their lives to protect not just what is important to them, but what is important to you as well.

Even though you did not ask for it, you are still being done a favor, at least dedicate 1 out of the 365 days in a year to thank them. Not many people understand that regardless of how many jerks there are or how insignificant they think the military is, that those guys are whats stopping people who'd want to take what you value in life.

Just remember, it's a stranger, who doesn't even know you, who is doing everyone in your country a huge favor, by going out his way and signing up. Someone willing to risk his life for the defense of the country.

• Like 4
Edited by Kennith

• Content Count:  2115

It's not just about past wars, its also for people who are serving. There are some evil people out there and there is some fucked up shit that goes on, too. What's important to a person? What's important to you? Your family, your house, your belongings right? If for some reason you had those forcefully taken away from you, you would try and prevent that right? You'd protect what is yours. Now imagine that on a larger scale. If you are defenseless, you will have those important taken away from you. That is what the military is for, aside from what anyone says about politics. The day is dedication for those who WILLINGLY to risk their lives to protect not just what is important to them, but what is important to you as well.

Even though you did not ask for it, you are still being done a favor, at least dedicate 1 out of the 365 days in a year to thank them. Not many people understand that regardless of how many jerks there are or how insignificant they think the military is, that those guys are whats stopping people who'd want to take what you value in life.

Just remember, it's a stranger, who doesn't even know you, who is doing everyone in your country a huge favor, by going out his way and signing up. Someone willing to risk his life for the defense of the country.

Basically what I would say. Even me not being an American, I love this country for what it stands for and I would not mind giving the ultimate sacrifice, would it not be for the people that I would leave behind without me.

That being said, Veterans, we salute you.

• Content Count:  2661

spent the day with a couple of guys in my unit taking a bunch of disabled veterans out fishing.

then we went to applebees cuz veterans eat free there on 11 NOV mothafuckahh

oh and yeah, just found out im deploying to Afghanistan 11 months from now. Why did I re-up?

poop.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11501

caution what MOS will you have? are you getting anyone to enlist with you so you go in as an E2?

Haven't decided between ATC or aircraft electrician...probably ATC though lol. I'm getting E2 because I was the first person from my highschool class to swear-in.

• Content Count:  2206

War may be bullshit in your eyes and thats your opinion. But because of what these soldiers do, you are aloud to think that war is bullshit. No matter what your opinion is, its because of them you have one.

• Content Count:  3391

War may be bullshit in your eyes and thats your opinion. But because of what these soldiers do, you are aloud to think that war is bullshit. No matter what your opinion is, its because of them you have one.

Except the war in Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with our freedoms or rights. I'm thankful for the soldiers that served in battle to help this country prosper and to protect our freedoms and rights. Our current war situation is not one to be idolized. We are not fighting an enemy that is threatening our country by invading Iraq with known false information. This war is manufactured and setup to make a very small group a very large sum of money. I may catch a lot of shit for my view on this, but I feel that our current situation is absolutely abhorrent and borderline criminal. Too many people are dying, both soldiers and civilians, with nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread