? servers

? players online

What is going on with SG? ...

• Content Count:  8383

It's always been like this, if you want to change human nature when they get on the internet on a forum connected to a video game community, good luck :thumb:

We have rules for a reason lol Hardcore trollin' I believe is against the rules unless this is a rule that only applies to those we wish to get rid of? lol

• Content Count:  4473

I wasnt saying he was guilty of trollin', I was merely stateing if charged with trollin' using the excuse that it was for the laughs for everyone else wasnt a good excuse to defend yourself.

I feel like we've been through this discussion of "fun" before. I believe we figured out that it depended on who was doing it rather than what was done. I doubt anybody has changed that much from back then, but proof is needed to nail them to the wall. Otherwise, people are just going to have to recognize them as douches and move on because nobody is going to do anything otherwise.

Assuming what they did was in fact a violation of the rules, then they should know better. I know plenty of them don't, but you need proof to provide reasoning that even their best buds can't argue against. The only thing you can rely on now is public opinion, which means very little if your opinion differs from the opinions of those who actually are in control (again with the proof to sway their opinions).

This isn't something you're going to win right now, so I suggest backing away before you piss the wrong person off. If they are truly acting with bad intentions, don't give them anymore belief of a victory here. Just make sure everyone knows that they can record a demo, get some screenshots, and report them if necessary.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  240

It's always been like this, if you want to change human nature when they get on the internet on a forum connected to a video game community, good luck :thumb:

True, which is why I keep my hands out of this grinder.

However, I do take issue when an admin flatout lies on my ban appeal and server logs show that I'm correct and the admin evidently shows he has no idea of what hes talking about, and then nothing happens to the admin. Then there's also the fact that almost every regular and admin on TTT knows I don't rdm. Then for making up some bs about me griefing, tell me where I get that opportunity to grief when I can easily kill 12+ ppl in a round by myself. And it's not Harpreets fault, theres no reason for him to remember every recent detail.

I'm tired of seeing this also: using "then post a demo" excuse, but its a double standard - admins can ban and say "if i had demo, you would see" but players have "then post a demo if u have proof" -- It should be one rule for all, no special treatment

As an aside: Need less griefing admins, if you can't learn to aim in a fps, dont complain when you get beat, and worse, dont revenge by making up some bs ban. As for TTT, if you have ears, youre lucky to have them and please please please use them to hear whats going on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2085

Hey everyone with their panties in a bunch over this shit... Umad?

"Oh he's trolling me QQ" Get fucking over it. Welcome to SG, it has always been like this; there are dicks, trolls, crybabies, whistle-blowers, hard asses, girls, and Epeen out the ass. If you haven't figured it out by now, where the fuck have you been? If you are that offended send sceenies of the comments or demos of it to the higher-ups. No need for this thread. I'm with Pot on this one, I don't care and if you want to leave over some "trolling" then please, let the door hit your dumb ass on the way out!

You're wrong in some ways. I enjoy trolling and it's all fun and games... until people get banned over it. There's a difference between being a troll for fun, and a troll to cause grief for people. Fun trolls should be warned instead of banned over stuff... I don't know what happened at the time, but (USUALLY) my trolls with higher-ups in-game are always fun, and everyone has a good laugh.

• Content Count:  1278

Kiwi, we do have ways of finding out, plus when you flat out say in public chat that you are going to do it, just to finish off the 3 still living traitors, then yes we can knock you off the server for a few hours. Especially after a few warnings for acting like a douchebag in the server.

He said he was going to do it, did he, and how do you know? Last I checked we don't ban someone for saying they were going to do something. I usually like to stay out of these flame threads but something just pushed me to post this.

• Content Count:  881

True, which is why I keep my hands out of this grinder.

However, I do take issue when an admin flatout lies on my ban appeal and server logs show that I'm correct and the admin evidently shows he has no idea of what hes talking about, and then nothing happens to the admin. Then there's also the fact that almost every regular and admin on TTT knows I don't rdm. Then for making up some bs about me griefing, tell me where I get that opportunity to grief when I can easily kill 12+ ppl in a round by myself. And it's not Harpreets fault, theres no reason for him to remember every recent detail.

I'm tired of seeing this also: using "then post a demo" excuse, but its a double standard - admins can ban and say "if i had demo, you would see" but players have "then post a demo if u have proof" -- It should be one rule for all, no special treatment

As an aside: Need less griefing admins, if you can't learn to aim in a fps, dont complain when you get beat, and worse, dont revenge by making up some bs ban. As for TTT, if you have ears, youre lucky to have them and please please please use them to hear whats going on.

Admin is entrusted to those who are deemed well reasoned and matured enough to administrate the servers without that extra step of, here's a demo Mr. BD and waiting a week for it to be looked at.

Guest barackobama

Ugh, send me evidence of CA's trolling, and I will deal with them. You've made a big long thread like what's wrong with SG, I was speaking with Haggard, he said when he opened up ZM, he used to get these threads, and when SG came along he'd get the same, not everyone is going to be happy, this kind of shit happens in every community, I see people leaving eGo, dam, I've seen lots of threads like this over at TNS about the higher ups, it happens everywhere.

Go show me proof of all this bad doing, don't just make a thread posting loads of stuff like "SG ain't the same", I can't act unless I have proof, I'm not going to tell someone/ban someone off without proof.

Screenshots/demo's will help please... not just a long text saying he's done this, and that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3073

He said he was going to do it, did he, and how do you know? Last I checked we don't ban someone for saying they were going to do something. I usually like to stay out of these flame threads but something just pushed me to post this.

After Several Warnings for causing other problems on the server at the time, it is more than justifed to get rid of him. I've applied this logic to any other server, what if someone is teamkilling and warned or kicked, but then breaks different rules afterwards.

Edited by Thor
Guest barackobama

Also, as DJ just said, I think we've all accepted SG is made up of trolls, dicks, nice people and ass holes. IJ is your perfect example. Get over it, this is SG, this is how it's always been, and always will be. The only thing we don't tolerate is hardcore trolling, racism and harassment. We don't have little 9 year old kids playing like other communities, we have mostly 16+, people who know how to ignore shit (most the time) and troll back, fucking get over it.

Welcome to SteamGamers mother fucker.

• Like 11

Reply to Thread