? servers

? players online

[School] Help me pick my job?

• Content Count:  3341

Well, it's time to start thinking about my future career. I need help choosing my future job/career. Please don't troll this thread, I'm being serious right now :>

So, here are my interests:

Physics (I fucking love physics for some reason. I would love to do something that involves physics.)

Math (

Computer Technology (If physics or math won't work out, I would love to do something that involves computers, coding, etc.)

Obviously, I have a back up plan. If any of those will work out, I want to become a Police officer.

So please, tell me what you think my future job/career should be. Please be honest too.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

• Content Count:  3697

I'm similar. I don't like physics because I hate memorizing equations, but I love math. I was considering being a high school math teacher because a lot of people don't like math, and I could make it more enjoyable for them by being an awesome teacher.

Ultimately it depends what you like most. I'm actually going into computer science because I find it more interesting. I like math, but it's not "fun". When I took computer science and had to start working on coding problems I really liked it. It's fun, and I realized it's something I could see myself doing. (I spent so much time mapping because I really liked it, and it feels very similar to mapping. You want to do something, so you find a way to make it work). Really enjoyable :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3341

be a welder in alaska

some make 6 figues last time i checked since its so damn cold

I've heard weird jobs before(Play-doh factory, Condom Factory, Hydrant maker) , but this one beat them all...

• Content Count:  3697

Like Bob said; if you have nothing to say, say nothing.

lol

It's a deeply introspective variant on "If don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Middle of the night man, head pops off the pillow and you won't be able to fall back asleep. It'll be all you can think about.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3440

There are a lot of factors to consider. What is more important to you.. Doing what you love, or making a lot of money.. Depending on your interests you might be able to do both.

Yes engineering seems to fit, as well as some of the more specialized fields. I know quite a few people that make serious cash but hate their jobs. Others that took what was a hobby and turned it into a job (some hate the hobby later on, because it turned something fun into a chore.) As well as the other end of the spectrum.. make tons or little cash, but leave work each day with a smile on your face.

Another question.. are you just going into University?

Reply to Thread