? servers

? players online

Steamgamer's Steam Group

• Content Count:  2115

Do what everyone else has done, leave it.

Just leave the group, It's what everyone does.

Sadly, this seems the only viable option. I would like to know when events happen though, in case I haven't had a chance to take a look at the forums or something the like.

anyhow its to get the servers populated

Well, if people don't give a flying crap about the events because they're made for the most pointless reasons ("JEN HAS BOOBS, JOIN THE SERVER"), it's kinda hard to do this.

• Content Count:  105

EVERY night when i turn on a movie in full screen and jump in bed, then this events pops up and turn the movie in to a little windows so i have to go to my pc and turn it on fullscreen again! hate when that happens

I think there's a reason Valve made a "Log out" button, don't you think?

but yea, the events can get annoying when it pops up constantly. It may be to fill up the servers, but maybe not spamming it.

• Content Count:  5086

Sadly, this seems the only viable option. I would like to know when events happen though, in case I haven't had a chance to take a look at the forums or something the like.

Well, if people don't give a flying crap about the events because they're made for the most pointless reasons ("JEN HAS BOOBS, JOIN THE SERVER"), it's kinda hard to do this.

Tbh I hated the steam events too especially when they mess with other games but they do get the servers populated. Steam should have thought this event thing out more thoroughly, if someone join 50 steam groups and each one puts up an event a day then that's a lot of useless spam.

The names of the events are just to catch peoples attention but if we say "Hey join x server," depending on the time of day you can get 5-20 people in that weren't playing. Sometimes the events do get spammed because there's several of us with mod in the group who know they work so we'll put them up and then someone else does or in my case I'm drunk off my ass and I want to play with people.

Edited by jeN

Reply to Thread