? servers

? players online

14 year olds

• Content Count:  52

Really how mature can a person under 18 really be? I mean I'm not saying there isn't kids under 18 mature for their age, but they are limited by there life experience. I never agreed with servers adding admins who are under 18, but you know, they are not my servers. I'm not putting down any admins, because I respect all of them regardless of age. One thing about the military, you got to keep your mouth shut and show respect to people higher rank than yourself even if they are fresh out of college at age 21. But even then they have proving themselves at Boot camp and Tech training. Are these admins proving themselves somehow to be reward with admin? Not my call, just my opinion.

Really how mature can a person under 18 really be? I mean I'm not saying there isn't kids under 18 mature for their age, but they are limited by there life experience. I never agreed with servers adding admins who are under 18, but you know, they are not my servers. I'm not putting down any admins, because I respect all of them regardless of age. One thing about the military, you got to keep your mouth shut and show respect to people higher rank than yourself even if they are fresh out of college at age 21. But even then they have proving themselves at Boot camp and Tech training. Are these admins proving themselves somehow to be reward with admin? Not my call, just my opinion.

• Content Count:  3440

Are these admins proving themselves somehow to be reward with admin? Not my call, just my opinion.

In answer to that.. I'll give my opinion.

From my understanding although Age is usually a requirement if you can prove maturity age can be overlooked. Anyone who applys for admin needs to be approved by the AO's/BD. They prove themselves by how they act in-game, on Vent, & in the forums. I feel that they need to be someone who is a team player and contributes to the fun and enjoyment of the game when they play, is helpful in the forums & carries themselves in a mature way. Those are the things I look at.. and am pretty sure that's what the AO/BD are looking for in a person who applies for admin.

Havok and Solanum are a good example of this.. age doesn't always determine how mature a person acts or whether or not they can handle responsibility.

Read: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's a great book (fiction & a good read) about very young children being put in military leadership positions and how they cope with it.

In answer to that.. I'll give my opinion.

From my understanding although Age is usually a requirement if you can prove maturity age can be overlooked. Anyone who applys for admin needs to be approved by the AO's/BD. They prove themselves by how they act in-game, on Vent, & in the forums. I feel that they need to be someone who is a team player and contributes to the fun and enjoyment of the game when they play, is helpful in the forums & carries themselves in a mature way. Those are the things I look at.. and am pretty sure that's what the AO/BD are looking for in a person who applies for admin.

Havok and Solanum are a good example of this.. age doesn't always determine how mature a person acts or whether or not they can handle responsibility.

Read: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's a great book (fiction & a good read) about very young children being put in military leadership positions and how they cope with it.

yeah, I'm very aware of younger kids being push into the military. Heck look at the Russian military in WW1 and WW2. But you have to agree these are very different times and scenarios. So your saying being active in the forum, being on vent, and carrying themselves mature in the server is kind of like the admin bootcamp? And once again I'm not saying minors on the server aren't good admins, because I haven't ran into a bad admin yet, maybe a little ban happy but thats as far as they go.

Double Post! 99 Push Ups!

YESSIR!!!!!

1! For the Air Force!

2! For ZombieMurder.com

3! For....ah screw it

• Content Count:  3440

yeah, I'm very aware of younger kids being push into the military. Heck look at the Russian military in WW1 and WW2. But you have to agree these are very different times and scenarios. So your saying being active in the forum, being on vent, and carrying themselves mature in the server is kind of like the admin bootcamp? And once again I'm not saying minors on the server aren't good admins, because I haven't ran into a bad admin yet, maybe a little ban happy but thats as far as they go.

In a sense yes.. it's kind of like admin boot camp. Plus admins have to follow the rules as well.. abuse your admin utils and you can loose them or even end up banned. In the 4 1/2 months I've been on the forums and the 8 or so months I've been playing here I feel the AO's/BD have done a great job or running the place as well as dealing with issues where on the rare occasion an admin oversteps his authority. Just my opinion.

Reply to Thread