? servers

? players online

New PC. What do you think?

• Content Count:  234

:confused1:

You suggested an E6750, not a Q6600 or an E8400. I was the one stating they were better deals.

Please quote me where I said that, I cannot find it. :S

• Content Count:  4354

I finished my build yesterday. (Waiting on video card to come) And everything seemed to be working fine. AND THEN!!!! Audio issues from HELL!!!

I had placed a old video card in the rig untill the new one came. I also took the SBA2 ZS from my old gaming rig from a few years ago. Well the Video card started to act up like it did in the past. I am guessing its dieing a slow death. (DO to a crappy PS and airflow in the old rig) And then the audio would not work and sound choppy when in vent.

It also crashed my pc when pluging the mic into the back. Also the front ports would not work on the tower. After an hour of Raven and I trying to fix it. I just took out the SBA2 and went with the onboard sound. TADA!!! It started working great. The front ports even started working.

I would rather use a sound card, but it seems that the on board is not a bad setup too. I really need my front ports to work.

Red i know you have the same MOBO. Are you using the onboard audio?

• Content Count:  6559

Hell yeah I'm using the on board.

I just used the included drivers and it worked like a charm.

I don't really see the need for additional sound cards anymore. I'm using headsets most of the time anyways.

• Content Count:  1230

Please quote me where I said that, I cannot find it. :S

Look at post #43 on this thread. You suggest an E6750, and don't mention anything about the E8400/Q6600 until after I posted about it. [/end] I'm not going to argue with you.

• Content Count:  1230

I finished my build yesterday. (Waiting on video card to come) And everything seemed to be working fine. AND THEN!!!! Audio issues from HELL!!!

I had placed a old video card in the rig untill the new one came. I also took the SBA2 ZS from my old gaming rig from a few years ago. Well the Video card started to act up like it did in the past. I am guessing its dieing a slow death. (DO to a crappy PS and airflow in the old rig) And then the audio would not work and sound choppy when in vent.

It also crashed my pc when pluging the mic into the back. Also the front ports would not work on the tower. After an hour of Raven and I trying to fix it. I just took out the SBA2 and went with the onboard sound. TADA!!! It started working great. The front ports even started working.

I would rather use a sound card, but it seems that the on board is not a bad setup too. I really need my front ports to work.

Red i know you have the same MOBO. Are you using the onboard audio?

The problem might be the drivers. Try this:

- Link

Creative Vista drivers are really shitty, hence the boycott against their products. About a month ago I learned about custom drivers through an article. Creative ended up banning daniel_k for creating drivers that actually worked properly on Vista. You can read about it here:

- link 1

- link 2

Anyway, the custom drivers are much better. I always thought my headphones were limiting me, but after installing them sounds were a lot more crisp and volumes were more natural. I don't have to crank it up as much to get the same sound.

• Content Count:  4354

Thanks Red and Zero. I will look into those drivers. But i think i might be happy with the on board sound. It's really not that bad at all. And every thing is working now, so i don't want to mess with that:)

Reply to Thread