? servers

? players online

My computer isnt getting along with Bioshock

• Content Count:  111

Ok first things first Gman.

The game itself scales pretty well, so there has to be another issue. I know you hate to hear it but download all new drivers for your vid card. Then goto

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

and grab a web updater for Direct x

If nothing fixes itself- Download the DEMO and see if it has the same issues.

If that is ok, FORCE bioshock to load in DX9 not DX10. Your vid card can do dx10, but id imagine not as well or fast as dx9.

• Content Count:  143

hehe, thanks guys for the great replies. Im gonna update my drivers and use that one site stray brought up. And zero, thanks a lot for that info on the 8400, i always assumed it was a fine graphics card because its more recent. If and when i upgrade to a better card, im going all the way baby, 8800 ultra! :thumbup: Very Nice!!!

• Content Count:  78

i have bio shock.. played it all the way through with everything on high as it could go with no probs at all. but i do have the 8800 gtx and all the goodies.

and actually... overall the 8800 beat the 9800 in a whole crap load of tests, i was looking at results from a gaming site i do believe...

• Content Count:  1230

i have bio shock.. played it all the way through with everything on high as it could go with no probs at all. but i do have the 8800 gtx and all the goodies.

and actually... overall the 8800 beat the 9800 in a whole crap load of tests, i was looking at results from a gaming site i do believe...

Who's running these test? All of the ones I've seen have the 9800GTX beating or equaling the 8800GTX Ultra except in resolutions beyond 2660x1600 where the 8800GTX Ultra slightly edges it out. For the price it wouldn't be worth purchasing an Ultra, especially for those of us with normal size screens. On top of that the 9800 produces less heat and uses less energy.

It's a no brainer:

9800GTX $300

8800GTX Ultra $500

For the price of the Ultra might as well buy a 9800GX2 and truly out perform it.

Reply to Thread