? servers

? players online

Crysis 2 Leaked

• Content Count:  2180

Fuck you. This is why PC gaming is dying, because of asshole pirates.

Although I hate Afamad I completely agree. People don't port as many games for this simple fact that it is A LOT easier to pirate on the PC, we can look at the PS3 ( a year ago) and say that it was doing well because it still had a lot of developers clinging to it due to no piracy. I personally believe the industry itself isn't going to crumble to piracy but you need to understand it's the little people who get hurt by piracy more than anything else. It's also the little people who generally innovate more often than big time developers like the (several) creators of CoD and the Battlefield. (I'm saying more along the lines that when you create sequels innovation occurs less than when you make two completely different games, etc)

Needless to say, piracy "hypothetically" hurts sales, there's no denying it and we don't need rhetoric bullshit to provide/disprove it, people who cling to the idea that piracy doesn't hurt game sales are disillusioned.

Anyway, point being, PC gaming is not "dead," nor will it most likely be more dead than any console in the near future. But when shit like this happens it is understandable to say "fuck pirates." Because it's the people who are going to download it. And remember what happened with Valve's leak of HL2, it wasn't some small deal, it really fucked them around.

• Content Count:  2034

It's fucking stealing you asswipe.

More like borrowing.

A video game company leases you a cd key to access their content, which they can revoke at any point. Pirating is merely circumventing the middleman in accessing the content without cost.

Besides, it clearly doesn't hurt the video game industry. Until you can provide a chart/graph/hard data of any kind supporting the fact that piracy is bankrupting the industry and they're still not making a profit I'll stand by my point.

Taking a pack of chewing gum from Wal-Mart doesn't hurt the gum company or Wal-Mart terribly.

Reply to Thread