? servers

? players online

Crysis 2 Leaked

• Content Count:  2180

Listen to me carefully.

Someone who does not have the economic means to purchase a video game is never going to buy the game legitimately regardless of whether the game is available for free on a pirate website. This "lost profit" argument is bullshit in and of itself. If someone is unable to buy a game because they don't have money for it and thus turn to pirating it is not lost profits. You must have A) A willing and B) ABLE consumers to purchase your video game.

You want a personal anecdote? I'm a broke college student who just torrented Mafia II. Regardless of its lack of replay value (ensuring I wouldn't buy it legitimately) I do not have the economic means (67 cents in my checking account) to purchase Mafia II. Was I ever going to buy the game? No. It's not lost profit if I was never going to purchase it to begin with.

Oh so that makes you correct in buying the game? I mean it's totally cool if you're poor. Man I'm just gonna head on down to the car dealership, I don't have the money to buy it but hey, I totally think I deserve it.

edit: I mean I would never buy the car anyways, but since I can *technically* lockpick the door and hotwire the engine, that makes it totally legit.

• Content Count:  2034

Oh so that makes you correct in buying the game? I mean it's totally cool if you're poor. Man I'm just gonna head on down to the car dealership, I don't have the money to buy it but hey, I totally think I deserve it.

Borrowing =/= Stealing

I'm addressing the lost profit argument. It's not lost profit if the profit was never there to begin with. Video game CD keys being an infinite thing (unlike cars which are physical things that cannot be digitally copied) doesn't take away from a company's profit.

• Content Count:  1844

Well maybe the game would be successful if assholes like you didn't steal profits from the company in the first place.

most people that pirate either dont have the money to pay 60$ every time the want to get a new game

or

dont want to pay regardless

• Content Count:  1740

Listen to me carefully.

Someone who does not have the economic means to purchase a video game is never going to buy the game legitimately regardless of whether the game is available for free on a pirate website. This "lost profit" argument is bullshit in and of itself. If someone is unable to buy a game because they don't have money for it and thus turn to pirating it is not lost profits. You must have A) A willing and B) ABLE consumers to purchase your video game.

You want a personal anecdote? I'm a broke college student who just torrented Mafia II. Regardless of its lack of replay value (ensuring I wouldn't buy it legitimately) I do not have the economic means (67 cents in my checking account) to purchase Mafia II. Was I ever going to buy the game? No. It's not lost profit if I was never going to purchase it to begin with.

same goes for me with NFS HP, i know the game blows assholes, yet i downloaded it anyways to test it if it's good enough, but i'm never gonna buy it and spend €60 on it just to play it once or twice.

and same for other games, the only game i buy are the ones i'm interested in like Portal 2 since it has multiplayer, same goes for BC2 i bought it and i have downloaded a copy, just bought it to play the multipplayer thats all, and it was on Steam Sales :toung:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  920

Borrowing =/= Stealing

I'm addressing the lost profit argument. It's not lost profit if the profit was never there to begin with. Video game CD keys being an infinite thing (unlike cars which are physical things that cannot be digitally copied) doesn't take away from a company's profit.

The profit WOULD be there if you actually managed to get a job to pay for the game. I can assume you won't stay shit-poor forever, and you can actually afford games sometime in the future.

• Content Count:  920

same goes for me with NFS HP, i know the game blows assholes, yet i downloaded it anyways to test it if it's good enough, but i'm never gonna buy it and spend €60 on it just to play it once or twice.

and same for other games, the only game i buy are the ones i'm interested in like Portal 2 since it has multiplayer, same goes for BC2 i bought it and i have downloaded a copy, just bought it to play the multipplayer thats all, and it was on Steam Sales :toung:

Or you could read reviews and play a demo to see if the game is good enough. You know, that's what they were made for.

• Content Count:  5086

That is a ignorant statement, devs and gamers loose out in the end.

are we suddenly talking about vaginas now or something?

also man you guys, why don't you make another thread to debate this lol

• Like 1

Reply to Thread