? servers

? players online

Out of curiosity, fellas

• Content Count:  8756

I agree with Virus' post and many other posts in the thread. From what we've been told (which is pretty much the full plan, down to the last detail...), Amit and Charles have GREAT ideas and plans for SG. Hell, if the OP idea went through, I wouldn't put a cent in, because:

a) It won't work out

b) Amit and Charles are obviously capable of doing a great job

c) Other reasons stated

I may have donated over $300 and promised $1000, but in this situation I would not put a cent towards buying SG. Garfield actually asked me (I have no idea if he was serious, but I think so) if I was interested in buying SG, and I declined.

We have a great team of staff already, and the two people coming in will only make it better. The idea being proposed would not only destabilize the site but it would make many people leave, and lose a lot of close friends that they have gained while here... as said before, let Amit and Charles do their thing. Garfield may have not done the best job, but hey, no one's perfect, and we may as well see what these guys have to offer and what they do.

As Amit said already, if we don't like it, we have a say... it's not like he's putting down an iron curtain so we can't say or do anything to change this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2666

Excited to see what the new management here has to offer. Give them a chance.

I'm pretty happy about it as well, but this is supposed to be a *could we do it* thread for speculation

• Content Count:  1158

Okay, I don't understand how this thread has evolved into pure "give this guy a chance" posts. No one is saying anything bad about Amit at all. How could we when all we know about him is vague plans to 'improve' this community?

The one who is subject to our, or at least my, hate is Garfield. He betrayed this community to get a new MacBook and to be honest he doesn't seem like he's been giving a shit about this at all - it's all about buying and reselling valuable URLs for him. Fuck him.

If you guys see it as an improvement to sell this site for several thousands Dollars, cash money straight into Garfields pocket, to a person who admits he doesn't play any Steam games, to have him make this a large site with all sorts of random people discussing games no one in the current userbase cares about, then fine, that's the majority rule.

Maybe there won't be any changes to SG, then fine, no worries. But in my eyes, once this site is sold to Amit, he might listen to us, but he is the one spending serious cash on the site and he's the one to have the final say on every singe decision - from closing non-profitable servers to ban swearing. That's a lot of power to handle a random buyer promising gold and green fields.

• Content Count:  2186

I'm pretty happy about it as well, but this is supposed to be a *could we do it* thread for speculation

Amazing that it took 9 pages before this comment came..

I know both me and Saxe has pure positive thoughts about Amit & Co. - this was purely hypothetical topic!!

Saxe listed 3 concerns in OP that it could run under IF (big IF!!) Garf had offered the community to share stocks or group together as investors.. That's nothing to build a stockholders solution from!

Oh, and Saxe ninja'ed me.. Read his post above instead

Reply to Thread