? servers

? players online

Are you ok with the proposed arrangements made by Amit and Garfieldh?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ok with the proposed arrangements made by Amit and Garfieldh?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I still have questions about them and will state them below.
    • I don't care about what happens to this community and it's members.

BIG COMMUNITY POLL, PLEASE AWNSER!

• Content Count:  4960

Exactly what I mean. Ungrearful. I should of let Haggard sell out a long time ago. This community has changed so much. Me and the team worked our butts off to get SG back from the shit. This is how you thank us. Welcome to SG 2011.

If you guys want SG come up with the money. Give it to one person to escrow to Amit + escrow fees. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk.

You're acting like a total G now, some can take classes from you. See? Atleast one way to make money without fucking up it's members :d

If we would like to buy SG, how much would you ask??

And please awnser honestly

• Content Count:  930

It's funny how everyone thinks that a "community" will change because it has a different owner.

The only thing changing is that you're all turning into a bunch of knobends.

• Content Count:  3791

You're acting like a total G now, some can take classes from you. See? Atleast one way to make money without fucking up it's members :d

If we would like to buy SG, how much would you ask??

And please awnser honestly

Get your head out of your fucking ass and actually think about what goes into running a community. I ran one for about two months, a couple of people here know of it - ProficientGamers, (Don't go searching, it's long dead, URL has been sold) the stress behind it all was immense, even more so because of the costs... Just for me alone, a 17 year old paying £100 a month with a shit part time job, it was a bloody struggle... Also the planning needed, the time it takes to set up all the servers, email accounts, forums, databases, DNS configs, the list goes on...

With what Amit has been proposing, I can see the costs of running this community come up to $700-$1000 a month, can you really pay that? Do you really think the rest of the community will, to be honest I don't, we struggled to get $450 in December...

Next, from what I've been reading, Amit says he is going to increase SG's popularity, re-do the SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) do you even know anything about that? Next, running a community is a full time job, with all your school work you couldn't do it.

Daily issues that WILL arise, do you think you have the time, knowledge and nohow to fix all of them?

I can go into SOOOO much more detail but I'm sure you wouldn't want to read it all...

~Tweezy

My view on Amit (Don't have one for the other dude as I'm yet to see him)

What he is proposing is some good shit, he looks like he knows what he is doing, he is the future for SG, at it will be a bright one.

• Like 4
Edited by Tweezy

• Content Count:  4960

Get your head out of your fucking ass and actually think about what goes into running a community. I ran one for about two months, a couple of people here know of it - ProficientGamers, (Don't go searching, it's long dead, URL has been sold) the stress behind it all was immense, even more so because of the costs... Just for me alone, a 17 year old paying £100 a month with a shit part time job, it was a bloody struggle... Also the planning needed, the time it takes to set up all the servers, email accounts, forums, databases, DNS configs, the list goes on...

With what Amit has been proposing, I can see the costs of running this community come up to $700-$1000 a month, can you really pay that? Do you really think the rest of the community will, to be honest I don't, we struggled to get $450 in December...

Next, from what I've been reading, Amit says he is going to increase SG's popularity, re-do the SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) do you even know anything about that? Next, running a community is a full time job, with all your school work you couldn't do it.

Daily issues that WILL arise, do you think you have the time, knowledge and nohow to fix all of them?

I can go into SOOOO much more detail but I'm sure you wouldn't want to read it all...

~Tweezy

My view on Amit (Don't have one for the other dude as I'm yet to see him)

What he is proposing is some good shit, he looks like he knows what he is doing, he is the future for SG, at it will be a bright one.

I don't have my head up my ass, but nice explenation.

Of course we can't do it, but what money can Amit get out of us?

• Content Count:  6741

Tweezy, your whole explanation just seems to be the initial setup of a gaming community. The day to day actual runnings are mainly delagated as you cannot micromanage something this big. The only thing Garfield dealt/deals with is collecting donations and paying for the rented equipment and the odd dip in to bans/appeals/possible admin strike threads to deliver his duly noted cents.

That being said as far as I've been told Amit will not be around, the job of overall management will be run by Charles.

• Content Count:  11725

Tweezy, your whole explanation just seems to be the initial setup of a gaming community. The day to day actual runnings are mainly delagated as you cannot micromanage something this big. The only thing Garfield dealt/deals with is collecting donations and paying for the rented equipment and the odd dip in to bans/appeals/possible admin strike threads to deliver his duly noted cents.

That being said as far as I've been told Amit will not be around, the job of overall management will be run by Charles.

Will the curtain staff still stay in place?

• Content Count:  3791

That is basically what is happening, SG is being reborn. From what I've heard from Amit in the chat box, everything technical is changing, new boxes for dedi, webhosting... Everything else sorts of falls into that, really everything is being changed, the only difference is that SG already has a loyal player base.

Reply to Thread