? servers

? players online

Escape Announcement: Block

• Content Count:  4960

Recap of Recent Events

If you guys haven't read the first thread about it here is the link.

After constant discussions on the forum I have decided to return Escape to its prior state: Block+Noblock maps.

I've actually had the idea in mind ever since the Orange Box update in Summer nuked everything for a bit and we had to force ourselves to switch to Noblock 24/7 AND Zombie Reloaded to recover some population when our server ranking took a beating.

Key People

Originally when VirDeBello and I got promoted we took management as Administrative Officers in charge of Escape. Vird helped a lot with map testing, rotations, nominations, etc, while I handled setting like knockback, weapon restrictions, etc. He did some uploading and pretty much took care of Escape whenever I was away (aka too lazy to do anything). He deserves a fair amount of thanks and will always be one of the most respected people here by me so far.

Before the Orange Box Update we used to have cool random admin skins and donator skins. This is mainly thanks to LVG. While he didn't have to do the work that was my responsibility, he had helped me a lot with setting up of the skins. He did the research, the settings up, edited the configs, and etc while testing with me who picked out the skins and did pretty much the same. He honestly didn't have to do that and I don't even think he likes Escape, but I can't ever thank him so much for helping me out with such an annoying issue as a friend and as a good member for the community.

Recently Paul had did something special for Escape. He had added a bunch of maps, supported map competitions such as the Mako Reactor one (which of course we won), and he with no help as far as I know added a bunch of Zombie and Player skins plus troubleshooted them. If there's anyone who deserves thanks for the sudden population increase recently it would be him. He ran events, even made a group for Mako, kept things fun by joining and making things interesting, and he's tested a fair amount of maps for me when he didn't have to. He's done so much I probably can't name it all. Most of all he's probably the main reason Escape hasn't died all together and has been removed. Unfortunately his penis has recently exploded so sorry kids, no dick sucking for a while.

Rankings

In the old days from 2007-2009 Escape was always 40/40 and was in the Top 100. It was pretty much the pride and pearl of ZM/SG, an amazing idea, and it towered over many of our servers during then and the other competition. Until a year or two back Escape was Block 24/7 and only had block maps from atix_helicopter to boatescape3-6. Teamwork and fun was the defining element of the server.

When the Orange Box update came out, Escape dropped from the Top 100 in Gametracker to the thousands. Escape was empty, generally unloved, and I always had to spam events in Steam Community, in the chatbox, and in vent. If you've noticed recently I haven't done that in quite some time. This is because Escape has finally made it back to a fraction of its former glory and now is at 214th in GT, I believe.

This is absolutely amazing news if you ask me. Back when I was in other servers of SG, the usual server announcement with Escape population would come with laughable to depressing numbers. Now I always see it with an average of 20+ players, a huge increase.

What Will Happen

Starting tomorrow I will start editing the map configs and a slow transition to Block+Noblock. Some maps that are supposed to have Block may not during this transition, but I will be working towards getting all of them over with in short time and hopefully without any noticeable wait.

I am hoping that this will help the server for the future. The time I've spent here as an Administrative Officer has always prioritized securing Escape's future first and for most. What I'm predicting is a population decrease because of the Block maps and the complaints for the sudden change.

This is where you, the players, come in. If you stopped playing Escape because of the Noblock I would like for you guys to come in and populate the server at least for the Block maps. I want to keep the population as stable as possible for this change in hopes that players will adjust to the new 'environment' and we will see population increase once again. If you don't usually play Escape give it a try for once as it's never too late to start and there's loads of people to follow around when you're lost.

If you don't like Escape you can gtfo.

Honestly, it all boils down to you guys in the end. It isn't up to those listed above or even myself. They've done their fair share of their work and have made me happy and proud. This will not work unless you guys help. You guys make up more of the population than us who are working behind the scenes (except James, he's fat) and if you guys don't join, one or two of us won't turn the tide. If this fails and I'm being realistic as I am honestly playing a really bad poker hand with the odds stacked up against me, we will have to stick to 24/7 NoBlock forever.

So please, go join Escape if you love her. She loves to have people inside her. The turning point is in your hands now.

much love,

andre1028

• Like 39

Reply to Thread