? servers

? players online

BC2 Server

• Content Count:  11723

We need admins there.

apparently there was this one guy just sitting on a chopper and not doing anything.

I couldn't switch myself to the other team to cheack this or even had power to kick him.

Server admins will not be added to this server.

Because last night we had snipers on the ridge of the light house map.

We told them to get down and they still did not, so if we had admin, yes kick them.

But then for the issue with Rage Kicks/Bans.

Harry has stated that if admin was added it could be abused by butt hurt admins over simple things.

*FYI Gust*

I do think we should try having admin on the server, maybe 3-4 test admins.

Cant hurt can it?

• Content Count:  2085

Admin gives rcon access, which I don't think everyone should have (according to the CSS/Gmod servers' configs; only BDs (and AOs I think?)) have rcon access. If Amit or a BD thinks giving rcon to other people is okay, then sure I will.

"How come you can have it and we can't" - if any problems happen via rcon everyone will know who to blame. With rcon you can delete logs, etc, so it'd be impossible to trace who abuses it if more than one person has it.

Really most people don't fuck around on BC2, and usually get bored quickly. You can't micspam because the ingame VOIP sucks and is per-squad, you can't friendly-fire because FF is disabled, and PBBans bans almost all hackers (and those that get through usually get bored quickly).

• Content Count:  2085

Would there possibly be reserve slots added to the server, similar to that of CS:S and Gmod servers?

It's possible, but somewhat broken. It kicks a ton of people for a single person to join, which is not very nice, and disrupts gameplay with it. (unlike gmod/css where it kicks a single player for a single slot or uses a "hidden slot" so no one gets kicked)

Mad dog and i are on the BC2 most of the time i think we've seen about 10 - 15 hackers and mad dog couldnt kick them D':!

Sure they were hacking and not just good? I banned the 100percentlegit guy.

Reply to Thread