? servers

? players online

Bike

• Content Count:  2942

So I'm thinking of riding my bike A LOT more. Unfortunately I want to ride a bike on the streets and quite frankly, I don't want to ride a mountain bike on the road for more than an hour since it just pisses me off. Does anyone know any good "street" bicycles that people ride in the major cities such as NYC, Toronto, etc? Medium price range would be preferred $100-200

• Content Count:  3736

$1,000 bucks for a trike are you fucking me?

... no its a sweet one

I got a Haro bike.. I have had it for 6+ years now and its great... IT is considered a "BMX" bike... Whatever. I use it to get around.. i know it cost less that 200

BMX bike is possibly the worst thing to ride period let alone around the city trying to get somewhere....

This is what I ride and it cost me 500 used...

IMG_2729.jpg

I added pedals for 200, shoes for 180 and 2 bottle.. but you dont have to go all out but a road bike is nice

NEW 2011 ALUMINUM ROAD RACING 14-SPEED BIKE SHIMANO | eBay

NEW 2011 ALUMINUM ROAD RACING 24-SPEED BIKE SHIMANO | eBay

I got mine through craigslist.

• Like 1
Edited by trakaill

This is what I ride and it cost me 500 used...

IMG_2729.jpg

I added pedals for 200, shoes for 180 and 2 bottle.. but you dont have to go all out but a road bike is nice

NEW 2011 ALUMINUM ROAD RACING 14-SPEED BIKE SHIMANO | eBay

NEW 2011 ALUMINUM ROAD RACING 24-SPEED BIKE SHIMANO | eBay

I got mine through craigslist.

I heard Trek are really good bikes for town/city riding. Should I look more for a road bike or a hybrid. I'm kinda torn between which one and the price gap between them is quite large as well.

• Content Count:  3736

Well a hybrid might be more comfortable so to speak as far as how the butt feels but I dont think they are as enjoyable.. definitely not fun over long distance a lot more drag and less efficient.

Road bikes tend to have a skinnier and stiffer saddle which feels awkward at first but you have well padded road bike saddles like the one you see in the picture which I replaced with the max flite SELLE ITALIA: italian bike saddles, bicycle saddles

Also will have a more aerodynamic frame and handlebar

I love my bike but it cost a lot of money to pick it up semi seriously like I did. I strongly suggest trying to find a used one on craigslist.

I think youd be better off with a low end trek or giant like mine rather than a new cheap piece of crap.. the ones I suggested before are new but not even close to the trek or giant quality

Where in NY do you live I could look it up real quick on craigslist in your area?

Ill try to post pictures of my bike now later

I live in the Albany area. Where I'll be riding could be considered small town/rural so there aren't any bike lanes whatsoever let alone sidewalks. Could be interesting

Reply to Thread