? servers

? players online

Physical Impossibilities in My Little Pony

• Content Count:  8383

lolWut

What idiot would try to explain cartoon physics then try to rationalize it with real mathematics as if the cartoon was based on true events. Would be like pointing out everything that was impossible in wile e coyote cartoons. Btw Wasn't funny, almost fell asleep half way into it. lol

• Like 1
Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  45

Funny, but I'm sure my little pony isn't based around realism, after all, ponies don't talk IRL. Therefore, the presenter of this argumentation = fail.

• Content Count:  6712

lolWut

What idiot would try to explain cartoon physics then try to rationalize it with real mathematics as if the cartoon was based on true events. Would be like pointing out everything that was impossible in wile e coyote cartoons. Btw Wasn't funny, almost fell asleep half way into it. lol

I liked your "Pretty cool" responses better :blink:

• Content Count:  4960

lolWut

Well, this isn't that bad of a concept. Many people looking to become an employee of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration along with other space angencies like Canadian Space Agency and European Space Agency are sometimes put through tests like these to point out physics, chemical, biological, environmental, aeronautical, mathematical, other sciences, etc flaws and mistakes to test their knowledge, understanding, aptitude, logic, application, etc. I'm pretty sure they go from cartoons to featuring science fiction movies like Armageddon (which has a shit load of broken scientific laws to point out.). My Little Pony may be a silly show to point out, but it's done with other science fiction media to pick the cream of the crop in applicants. There's even people who decided to go as far as calculate whether science fiction video game objects like Halo mega structures are physically possible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_%28megastructure%29

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  8383

Well, this isn't that bad of a concept. Many people looking to become an employee of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration along with other space angencies like Canadian Space Agency and European Space Agency are sometimes put through tests like these to point out physics, chemical, biological, environmental, aeronautical, mathematical, other sciences, etc flaws and mistakes to test their knowledge, understanding, aptitude, logic, application, etc. I'm pretty sure they go from cartoons to featuring science fiction movies like Armageddon (which has a shit load of broken scientific laws to point out.). My Little Pony may be a silly show to point out, but it's done with other science fiction media to pick the cream of the crop in applicants. There's even people who decided to go as far as calculate whether science fiction video game objects like Halo mega structures are physically possible Halo (megastructure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems rather pointless with cartoons since it never implies to real world physics, like a hanging anvil in mid air for 5 seconds before falling on someones head. lol As for science fiction I could see that being more logical of a choice to try and explain, cartoons not so much.

Reply to Thread