? servers

? players online

bf3 or mw3

• Content Count:  11725

Dota 2.

Ive lost interest in buying more fps combat games like cod and bf. I just don't see the big difference in them and I quickly lose interest in playing them.

Sadly, there are not that many BF games.

BC and BF are completely different games.

You should still give it a go.

• Content Count:  2180

You do know people pay for those servers, so someone is making money from them being there. lol

which is just another reason why p2p outs dedicated servers. no cost and much easier to find players. and cost wasn't the point i was making at all- those dedicated servers spend probably what... 200 pounds of co2 emissions a year. doesn't matter if someone's paying for them or not.

If they are going to do the IWnet thing again, they should atleast let the host have a Admin Feature to ban the hackers.

iwnet tried using VAC. VAC is really best used on a source engine based game and there aren't a lot of games that manage to use VAC successfully. I personally prefer punkbuster regardless because its a bit more forgiving, is instant banning, and also it tells you why you were banned. also there are a few great games that use p2p and work fine... league of legends is a great example.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  109

This really is a tough question. I loved BF2 (not BFBC2) and I play CoD4 everyday. I even play MW2 from time to time.

I'd say that CoD4 got everything that I need so my hype for MW3 is pretty low. Or at least my expectations are!

I don't think that I'll play that much BF3, but I'm certainly hyped about it and eager to see what the sweeds can pull off, but my guess is that I'll keep on playing CSS and CoD4.

Besides the new graphics no new games impress me. Though, I'll still buy them both.

• Content Count:  177

I feel battlefield's strength has been the openness of the gameplay like in BF1942, BFV, BF2, and BF2142. The ability to drive a large variety of vehicles and the simple gameplay was the main reason I loved playing it. With bad company, it became more structure and felt to me more like call of duty rather than the old Battlefield games I loved to play where I could do basically whatever I wanted.

• Content Count:  8383

which is just another reason why p2p outs dedicated servers. no cost and much easier to find players. and cost wasn't the point i was making at all- those dedicated servers spend probably what... 200 pounds of co2 emissions a year. doesn't matter if someone's paying for them or not.

...what? lol How is having plenty of servers to choose from a bad thing, and really if it makes the game more money than a 15 dollar a month p2p would do? Since they can charge monthly depending on slots and stuff. Not to mention it gives third party game server providers profit as well.

also there are a few great games that use p2p and work fine... league of legends is a great example.

Also LoL is a MMORPG, not a FPS. Don't ever, EVER try to put the two in the same league. It's completely two different markets with different gameplay and services. FPS's content compared to a p2p MMORPG is so small that it wouldn't be worth p2p unless we got monthly-bimonthly DLC. Which I would be surprised in a FPS for not only doing, but not charging extra to obtain.

Seems pointless to argue this since no FPS has tried this successfully as of yet, and since you are trying to use MMORPG p2p games as examples. lol If someone did make it work, it would be interesting to see but I personally don't think it would be a good idea. Then again, thats just my opinion I suppose.

Edited by Drox

Reply to Thread