? servers

? players online

Summer Jobs

• Content Count:  11725

So it is summer break for most of us and I wanted to know what summer jobs have you had or still have and did you have a reason to pick that job.

I myself have only work at two places.

A gas station and a greenhouse.

The gas station is full serve with a store, chip truck, 4 pumps and all the other small stuff.

I think getting a job at a gas station is a good start, you get to meet people, become less shy if you are shy and over all just meeting new people.

I've made around $6-7k working there for 3 years working weekends and a few days in the week.

The other is a green house.

My uncle owns it and i don't get special treatment.

Tip: Only work at a green house after winter,before summer and during fall.

But ya, where you guys worked?

• Content Count:  6712

Well, I started in May more because I just left my previous job......but as I am starting study again in September after a year break so it is a Summer job pretty much.

Work in customer services at a primarily online Golfstore. I answer emails, I answer the phone.....I sort out problems and answer queries. I'm not a golf expert so I just pass those kinds of things onto the "pros" we have, but I know my way around golf and I've been here for about 2 months so I can manage.

Pay is as shit as is legally allowed, but I work 40 hours a week so it all adds up.

The best thing about the job is that it is immensely easy. I sit at a computer in an office all day, there are deadlines but they're so easily managed that by midway through the week I can sit around all day doing what the hell I like as there's nothing to do. The banter between me and my colleagues is pretty decent too.

• Content Count:  1025

Working as Assistant Harbormaster for my town. Love it - on the ocean the whole day. Gravitated toward this because I am currently going to a maritime school and I am leaning toward becoming an officer in the Coast Guard (what's nice as well is that the CG station is right next door, so I also do various little jobs helping/learning from them). Figured this was a good stepping stone.

On the days off I help landscape for my buddy's company.

• Content Count:  3791

Working as Assistant Harbormaster for my town. Love it - on the ocean the whole day. Gravitated toward this because I am currently going to a maritime school and I am leaning toward becoming an officer in the Coast Guard (what's nice as well is that the CG station is right next door, so I also do various little jobs helping/learning from them). Figured this was a good stepping stone.

On the days off I help landscape for my buddy's company.

That sounds awesome man!

I currently work in a Bar 20 minutes from where I live (Derby) I might also have another job lined up in my local, if I do get that job then I'm leaving my current work, can't wait!

Back to college in September so summer job is all I can really have, maybe weekends when I'm back studying.

• Content Count:  11725

This summer I am working as a Lifeguard :) I am also becoming a New York State Certified Emergency Medical Technician - Basic :)

God I'd hating waking up after drowning with you sucking on my lips.

*Maybe

• Content Count:  3299

Im working as a painter for my dad's buddys company. For being 16 im making about 12 an hour and the boss is a really chill guy. I've had some other shitty summer jobs such as a landscaper at a golf course and a dish bitch at a restaurant but this one is by far the best.

Edited by ManiacJak

• Content Count:  1765

Kitchen and Home decor store. $10.50/h. I do cash, customer service, stocking, cleaning and recently recieving. Been there 1.5 years.

Job is gay as fuck but I work with like 20 chicks and occasionally milfs/college girls come visit.

• Content Count:  3736

Full time flight instructor! I love flying and teaching but the pay is shit!

I have another part time job as a Segway tour guide :) you heard right I lead 8 other tourist around town all on a segway talking about the town!! Pays a lot better than flying! You silly peeps from the north tip well!

Reply to Thread