? servers

? players online

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

• Content Count:  1371

You can't prevent mods, unless it uses the same system L4D does but even then you can use sourcemod to change the gameplay.

Guess what else has matchmaking.... Team Fortress 2.

Guess what TF2 has... dedicated servers.

i meant there wouldn't be valve-created mods, not community based mods.

• Content Count:  3391

Not too sure why people are getting excited about this in regards to modding. CS:GO is for competitive gaming and I doubt there will be much draw from the modding community. I have a feeling it'll be too well balanced for competitive gaming to make modding viable. I don't know, I'm just a skeptic.

• Content Count:  1116

Not too sure why people are getting excited about this in regards to modding. CS:GO is for competitive gaming and I doubt there will be much draw from the modding community. I have a feeling it'll be too well balanced for competitive gaming to make modding viable. I don't know, I'm just a skeptic.

They said they plan for it to include modes for more casual play too, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Content Count:  8383

not really, they invited about 24 eSport players to influence how the game is made. these guys are the 1.6 pros, trust me it won't come out like cod.

I didn't say it would come out like cod I said they might takes aspects from those types of games to compete with them. I also doubt they will stay true to the player content side that everyone loves about CS if their main concern is with competition play.

• Content Count:  2180

It's funny how people say it will suck, yet we all know they will still buy it,

kinda reminds you of another game.....

Although I'm skeptic as well, I doubt CS:GO is really going to be _that_ bad of a game to compare to MW3. It'd be the same scale of shit that CS:S was considering CS:S was garbage since it was just a reskinned cs1.6 done horribly wrong.

Anyway, if Valve is limiting modding on cs:go it's a serious problem, even valve is showing that modding is becoming less and less attractive to corporations. disgusts me tbh.

i think modders have made games better than half of the AAA games released in 2010

• Content Count:  2206

They want to focus on the original point of the game which is he whole 5v5 type of thing. I also like the mods that have come ot in CS:S and what not but at the same time if your going to make a game thats supposed to focus on the aspect of 5v5 competition then you would ideally limit modding expansions. But we all know someone will find a way to get around it. I mean I've played CoD4 zombie mod before so.. And if I'm completely off, well then fuck me right XD

• Content Count:  1371

I didn't say it would come out like cod I said they might takes aspects from those types of games to compete with them. I also doubt they will stay true to the player content side that everyone loves about CS if their main concern is with competition play.

you are right in the aspect of adding decoys and molotovs

• Content Count:  2206

I don't know about you guys, but if I DID go through fire, I'm not gonna take my sweet little time and slow down, I'm gonna be running my ass off until I'm faraway. I think it would be more balanced to make the fire a double edged knife. Make it so you speed up, but lose health at an increased rate rather then just slow down. Cause think about it if you have like 40 hp by the end of the round and the bomb is planted, someone puts a fire near an entrance to where u have to go to kill him or defuse he bomb, if you walk through the first either 2 things are gonna happen, your gonna die while trying to defuse, or your going to die while in a gun fight with him. BUT at the same time if you have 100 HP its like a speed trip to the bomb and not having to waste time.

Reply to Thread