? servers

? players online

Question to those that serve or have served in the US Military

• Content Count:  3736

Pilot: Gear down and locked request landing runway 28 right.

Me: Wind 280 @ 7, runway 28 left, cleared to land.

Pilot: Request landing 28 right.

No, assfuck, I said no for a reason. I HATE pilots lol. Pilots are in every branch of the military too, not just the airforce.

Pilots are retarded. I have probably the only job in the entire military (not literally probably, sure there might be one or two others) where I get to tell officers (pilots) what to do.

well I assume you are an ATC...lots of pilots feel the same way about controllers ..

I personally judge a person by their actions not their professions.. and well I meet stupid pilots everyday but Ive met my share of asshole controllers.

ATC: 21339(ME) Your clear to land 34

ATC To another plane: Enter left downwind 34.

didnt leave me any time to read back

Other airplane reads back: Enter left downwind 34

Finally I say: 339 clear to land 34

ATC: yes you are clear to land 34 I already told you that (with a shitty attitude)

Well assfuck the book (and your ATIS) says read back all land and hold short clearances

:(

there are asshats on both sides trust me

• Content Count:  11501

Yeah, but when it comes down to it a pilot is going to do what HE wants to do. I cannot legally tell you that you cannot land at my airport. Hell, I can't tell you that you can't land on a CLOSED runway. All I can do is advise you not to do it and proceed at your own risk.

The job should be called air traffic suggester.

• Content Count:  716

Yeah, but when it comes down to it a pilot is going to do what HE wants to do. I cannot legally tell you that you cannot land at my airport. Hell, I can't tell you that you can't land on a CLOSED runway. All I can do is advise you not to do it and proceed at your own risk.

Haha, oh wow I didn't actually know that. That makes pilots seem like big douchebags then.

• Content Count:  3736

Thats really funny.. I dont know how it is for your pilots but in the civil world if I dont you what you ask I better have a damn good reason.. unless my airplane is on fire then I can land where ever

CVY5uzNYZx0

Dunno if you saw or heard but you'll enjoy if you havent.

Rockaway Beach Plane Landing - Jason Maloney - Air Traffic Control | NYCAviation

• Content Count:  1765

Went to talk with the recruiter today. I'll be doing my application with him tomorrow morning.

I did this practice test and did really well on it.

Now I have to track down a shit load of information.

Good luck man, sometimes it takes like 3 months to get all the info you need for them.

I have everything but my college transcripts and hs diploma. E-mailed the university today... I have a hold on my transcripts there because I owe them money still. Not a good situation there. Going to my HS tomorrow morning before I meet with him again and see if I can get a copy of my transcript there and copy of my diploma.

• Content Count:  716

I have everything but my college transcripts and hs diploma. E-mailed the university today... I have a hold on my transcripts there because I owe them money still. Not a good situation there. Going to my HS tomorrow morning before I meet with him again and see if I can get a copy of my transcript there and copy of my diploma.

Yea I had all the stuff too. But then you have to wait for it all to get approved which takes forever. And sometimes they will ask for more stuff after you've handed everything in. The last thing I had to turn in was about 3 or 4 weeks after I took the ASVAB. So just a heads up, it takes a while but it's worth it.

How accurate do you have to fill out this Background Packet... dates wise. It would take forever for me to get all the information its asking. I'll probably just take it into the recruiter tomorrow and ask him what I should do if I don't know it.

Reply to Thread