? servers

? players online

Question to those that serve or have served in the US Military

• Content Count:  6084

One of you guys messaged me about this thread

I am now a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army. Ive been in since 2003 and deployed for 15 months to Iraq (landed in Kuwait first) I have been an infantryman for years and am Airborne and Air Assault qualified

Feel free to PM me if you have any strange questions related to the Army

Do terroristfags gustav spam?

• Content Count:  1765

Well guys... I am officially a member of the United States Navy. I swore in today as a Hospital Corpsman.

Thanks to everyone for the information they gave me, especially Caution.

I was eligible for Air Traffic Control, but my uncorrected left eye was a 2400 and the max they take into the program was a 2200. So, I went with my second option.

I ship off too boot camp on March 13th and then A-school in San Antonio, Texas follows that!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

I am officially a member of the United States Navy.

Lol no problem for the help, but when you get done with boot camp you're going to look back and realize how dumb that statement was haha.

• Content Count:  1765

Lol no problem for the help, but when you get done with boot camp you're going to look back and realize how dumb that statement was haha.

Honestly, when I wrote that, I thought it seemed off.

• Content Count:  11501

Yeah, I'm sure MEPS and your recruiters hyped it up to make it seem like you're a member, etc, but in reality the DOD doesn't care about you until your ship date. That's when you're on their payroll and technically in the military. Right now you're still a civilian and you get no penalties if you wanted to back out of your contract before you shipped.

• Content Count:  2051

I am going through a phase in my life right now that is pretty depressing. I left my job at a hotel for a better opportunity, unfortunately, that opportunity didn't work out like I had hoped. I have been searching relentlessly for a job since June. I am now back home living with my father, in massive debt, and have been contemplating my next move.

On one hand, I have a possible job opportunity at Oregon State University... the thing is, I'm not sure when it will become available. It was suppose to happen a month ago, but they seem to be taking their time on it.

On the other hand, I have been thinking about joining the military. Most likely with the Navy. I have a younger sister who is currently stationed in Bremerton, Washington on the USS Nimitz... I have not discussed this with her yet. I briefly ran it by my Dad and he pretty much told me that you got to do what you gotta do.

I know the military has so many great pros to joining it. Decent money, great benefits, travel the world... etc. The only cons I could think of were being away from friends and family, missing out on the things I have gotten so adapted to over my last 9 years living in Corvallis.

I know whatever direction I decide to go in, will impact my life in some way, shape, or form. I guess my question do you that have been in the some place I have been in... what made you join the military instead of taking a shit job like fast food? I guess my problem is, I wish the answer would be presented to me on a silver platter... but that's not life.

Appreciate any information or suggestions you'd like to share with me. Thanks.

Hey, if you are still feeling down, and want to join the military. Add me at Kennith1080 on steam. Ive dealt with this kind of stuff plenty of times and I'll answer anything you want.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread