? servers

? players online

My Official Farewell and "Resignation" Topic

• Content Count:  1371

read the whole post and only got what you were saying about the forums 50-75% of the time, because well, look at my join date

but whoever writes an essay for a goodbye topic is probably an honorable person, sucks to see you go. bye and goodluck

• Like 1

• Content Count:  834

I won't pretend that I've been here from the beginning. But I have been here long enough to see first-hand most of what you wrote about, and I 100%, completely agree. I too asked for a demotion and even deletion from the forums, largely because massive egos and drama queens arose to replace the "ZM" I once loved. I always respected you Cloud and even if we weren't close, I knew I could go to you with a problem and it would be taken care of professionally. "ZM" is dead to me, but I still have the memories. Good luck in the future Cloud, I appreciate what you've done for ZM/SG over the years.

• Like 1
Edited by Josh

• Content Count:  2051

Did I just read all of that?

Anyway It's sad to see the old members 'dislike" the current SG.

Sure it might be crap and pretty bad compared to 2008/2009.

I joined in 2008 and I have seen a difference.

17 Sep 2012 is my 4th year and I don't think SG has been a waste of time, sure it has stages in where it does good and bad and I completely understand where you are coming from.

/rant

Enjoy yourself.

The time I invested will never have been a waste of time because meeting everyone here made it worth it.

The reason why most "old" members "dislike" the current SG is because the lack of communication; the masks people wear around here. It's the same irl. When you go around the block, do you say good morning to strangers? Or asked how their day were? Well that's fucking weird if you do, but that's how the way things used to be 50 years ago. If you show a small amount of consideration and affection these days it's all of a sudden taboo. People throw up personas on each individual they meet now, and unfortunately the typical persona has become is "big badass" around here. If you were an active member around 2008, then you should know how vent was; how people were. It was much more friendly and you would feel more involved. It was like actually talking to a real person and not 90% of the rest of the internet population of apathetic trolls.

Nothing to add, really.

It was a different SG with different people.

The ''feeling'' is gone, as you can tell by some of the posts.

Take care.

-P3rg3.

And that is how I know that you exactly understand. That "feeling" is what I'm talking about. SG was one of the few places with that feeling and now its gone.

Nice to see a resignation/farewell that doesn't sound like concealed rage behind a wall of repetitive text about how one is tired of something. I only played on the servers a few years ago, but that makes me wish I went on the forums/vent more often.

I wish you the best of luck!

That's funny. I thought it felt like nothign, BUT concealed rage.

Nostalgia is all well and good, but when it is so sickeningly thick and exaggurated it becomes no better than fatalistic ramblings. Perhaps I've just heard the same shit over the years that it has become nothing more than a saturated mess of white noise, regardless of whether there is any valid truth in it. If that's the case, then I apologise.

Other than that, your post was a good read and I realised I share some of your feelings. To be honest the direction the community is going right now isn't inherently bad, rather there is a void in terms of progressive outlook, and it has caused the community to stagnate instead of moving forward.

I thought it would seem that way to many, but I was hoping that if it was coming from me, it would actually wake people up. I assure you though, nothing in there has been over exaggerated.

The community isn't going in a "bad" direction, but compare it to every other community out there. It's nothing special anymore and that's nobody's fault except for the members themselves. I've heard a lot about how you are one of the few who still actually gives a shit about what people have to say these days and maybe that's why you don't notice it.

Later

Even though my message wasn't directed at anyone in particular and just a crowd, I wasn't sure what to expect from you. Am I worth the time for a full message to explain why I'm wrong? Or is it even worth a post?

If you are the way you are here in the outside world, I would find it hard to believe that you had any friends. Yes, it's just the internet, but I don't see why everyone's so caught up on this mindset. Do people honestly prefer to talking to what seems like automated responses? I think it'd be great to talk to a human being once in a while. Lighten up. Show some personality. Though it seems this is as best as I will get from you. So I guess I'll just thank you for at least posting in this topic then.

KennyBear

I will always miss the times we would have late night talks with the old gang

Late night has always been my time, and a lot of people's time. Vent was full during those odd hours and even more packed during the day. Some have stopped going on vent because there's just not much communication anymore. If you look at it from an outsider's point of view, there's certain channels for certain groups and when you go in there, they either don't want to be disturbed or you just don't feel like you can butt into the conversation. I think 2 times now I went on and saw you, said something, and then somebody just pulls you to the BD channel. What I'm feeling might just feel like full out nostalgia, but it never had to end up this way. The closeness that was once shared by everyone could have still been around today, but it isn't and I have to realize that it's officially dead now so I decided to post this. I had a wonderful time as well talking to everyone and I truly am glad I met all of you.

You.. you... TRAITOR! You missed me out and i've known you since 07 D:

lol jk Cloud, since 07 if I can recall correctly, we were both newbies to ZombieMurder and napalm was like the best server I had played on, and playing with all those aforementioned oldfags at the time; it certainly was an experience I was glad to participate in, and meet new poeple in the community. I can't think of much else to say on that matter apart from being the edgenewb on Lila_Panic :)

I haven't forgotten about you. The list is only going to grow.

• Content Count:  4123

I missed you Kenneth, I just figured you had left for similar reasons as those who have left before you (too many to list). There were some really good times in the haggard days when sg was really thriving which I'll never forget which I'm grateful for and cherish. I honestly wish you nothing but the best for you as you have given so much to sg in the past as others have too.

Veggie

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8383

Even though my message wasn't directed at anyone in particular and just a crowd, I wasn't sure what to expect from you. Am I worth the time for a full message to explain why I'm wrong? Or is it even worth a post?

If you are the way you are here in the outside world, I would find it hard to believe that you had any friends. Yes, it's just the internet, but I don't see why everyone's so caught up on this mindset. Do people honestly prefer to talking to what seems like automated responses? I think it'd be great to talk to a human being once in a while. Lighten up. Show some personality. Though it seems this is as best as I will get from you. So I guess I'll just thank you for at least posting in this topic then.

Busting my balls for just saying later? Did you expect me to give you internet hugs and kisses then remissness on the good times we all miss about SG? Seems pointless, I didn't mean to come off as your definition of the typical SG douchebag that you seem to think makes up all of SG now (Which I do agree that people do seem a lot colder here then the older days, and somehow the troll mentality is almost acceptable in its purest forms). However I won't act one way to please anyone, just so you feel that I somehow should give a full response even though I agree with most of what you typed. How I act irl is really no one's business, no matter how much you think it should be. Sadly, yes I am very monotone irl yet somehow I have friends as well. Seems surprising that a monotone person like myself can write pass a sentence, I know. I guess were all full of surprises today. I wish you luck wherever you go, however I find your disrespect very disturbing for someone who is complaining about lack there of.

• Like 1
Edited by Drox

Reply to Thread