? servers

? players online

Nasa Mars Rover Phoenix Landing 6:30pm Est.

• Content Count:  180

I love how two of the 9 pictures of the surface on the first page... Are just pictures of the rover's solar panels. Who gives a shit about stuff they can take pictures of on Earth?

• Content Count:  6559

Here's a spoiler - it will fail miserably.

:thumbup1:

I don't know about that.

Even though our space program isn't as good as the British, I think it'll do okay, the two other rovers have been operating long past their planned lifespans.

• Content Count:  6242

I love how two of the 9 pictures of the surface on the first page... Are just pictures of the rover's solar panels. Who gives a shit about stuff they can take pictures of on Earth?

Those were taken as part of the landers programming. Takes pictures of itsself so we can tell if anything has broken on landing. The solar panels are the lifeblood of the lander and if they didn't unfold perfectly the mission could have been comprimised if they couldn't fix it.

• Content Count:  4123

was pretty cool, they had a live stream up on ustream.tv called space vid cast. Now they are streaming whats going on at the space station. 1 thing that pissed me off was the narrator did not have his facts right lol.

Reply to Thread