? servers

? players online

Advice regarding what parts to buy on new system.

• Content Count:  607

Well, that PSU is fine and maybe could be upgraded in a few months, unless you want the best results but is isn't needed imo

but it will do its wear and tear.

The graphics you might get is good

But i think the 8800 GT is cheaper, and does a just as good as job

-----

Fade

Damn stfu

-------------

Well misanthrope is really the person to talk to on this stuff. Or Raven and a few other people who are good with PCs

im giving u a complement anywayz u do really

i think when he was a kid he shoved it in his ear! :p

• Content Count:  167

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127325

8800GTS for only $180, you really can't beat it. I actually just upgraded to this card a few weeks ago and I love it. It runs dual monitors at high resolutions and I have yet to see a hiccup when gaming. MSI is a solid brand, although brand is overrated when it comes to video cards, as all the specs are the same, just the fans are slightly different.

Everything else you have seems solid. 500 watts should be good for now, but if you ever plan on upgrading your machine much (such as more RAM, SLI, etc) you're going to have to upgrade that too.

If I get a chance I'll look around for another suggestion for a motherboard, but AndreiD's pick was a good one.

edit: Just some food for thought about the motherboard: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/asus_p5e3_deluxe_wi_fi_ap

I've never had a problem personally with a Asus board, although my one friend did. You can get this board for either DDR2 or DDR3 RAM. If it sounds like something you might like look around for it on newegg. I didn't check to make sure all this stuff if compatible with everything you plan on getting, but if you do think about going with this board (or any board), make sure all the specs match up first.

Edited by Smallsasaurus

Reply to Thread