? servers

? players online

Slow download speeds from fast download server?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Slow download speeds from fast download server?

Fast Download Server

• Content Count:  3791

Just a random question and wanting to get thoughts from people. Is the fast download server slow for you? I did a little check and I only seem to be downloading at 250kb/s max when I am usually at 3.7mb/s

• Content Count:  88

You could download a file through your browser, example:

Click

That one seems fine to me.

I do belive we have multiple fastdl locations. At least the one for ZE is different than the one for MG according to the console.

The one MP linked seems to be fine(same as what ze runs on). Currently caps my net to 90% usage with one connection to the server.

The one that MG uses, pulls about 30-50% usage on one connection to the server, which is showing signs of a throttle in my eyes. (Compared to 16 active connections to the server for downloading the file in "parts" pulling 99% usage)

So it is, and it isnt running slow. Depends on what fastdl is being used by that server I guess.

• Content Count:  3052

That one seems fine to me.

I do belive we have multiple fastdl locations. At least the one for ZE is different than the one for MG according to the console.

The one MP linked seems to be fine(same as what ze runs on). Currently caps my net to 90% usage with one connection to the server.

The one that MG uses, pulls about 30-50% usage on one connection to the server, which is showing signs of a throttle in my eyes. (Compared to 16 active connections to the server for downloading the file in "parts" pulling 99% usage)

So it is, and it isnt running slow. Depends on what fastdl is being used by that server I guess.

Ya.. there are 2 different fastdl locations...

Index of /cstrike/maps

http://steam-gamers.net/downloads/cstrike/maps/

Reply to Thread