? servers

? players online

Vacation Planning

• Content Count:  3073

Let me start a while back. Every year in July San Diego comic-con (SDCC) happens. The comic Industry and Hollywood show up for a massive summer party that kinda takes over a good chunk of the city. I decided to make it a goal to go this year. The typical thing would have been to arrange flight, hotel and tickets all at once. Unfortunately this is one of the few types of events where doing that is not gonna happen. I think a few Europeans might compare the fun im gonna describe to Gamescom or a few other events out there.

I started in January with the one day release of tickets. 175$ for all 5 days of SDCC (4 regular days + preview night). The next problem which took almost a month to deal with was Hotels. When you are in a city expecting a quarter million people, living space is not going to be easy. Most rooms were blocked out, and what is left got expensive. I got lucky and got a hotel 4 miles from the convention center with good transportation for 900$ for the week. It could've been worse :some rooms went for twice that easy.

Holy fuck the flight tickets were the worst part. I was actively trying to avoid flying out of Philadelphia and trying to get a cheap flight. Too bad none of that shit happened. I think the airlines try to actively troll you because they were offering 3 or more connecting flights to San diego from where i live at 900-1000 a person. I paid 950$ for 2 tix outta Philly on a monday with a Saturday night return.

If i ever do this shit again, i want a package deal and less heartburn.

And i still need a rental car....

• Content Count:  4980

Wow man. Transportation $900 Tickets $950 and living $175. That is a lot of money. But as you said, it is probably because there are so many people wanting to go there thus why it is so expensive. What kind of a party do they manage? Also, if you pay so much for transport, why would you need a rental car? Hope you have fun out there because that is a huge investement!

I am going to Aiya Napa, Cyprus myself. We pay $984 for transport, living and tickets (I think it is called charter.) for 2 weeks with direct flight. Then again, we are probably going to spend lots of money for eating and activities.

• Content Count:  4263

Thats crazy cost to travel across the US, should be a great conference though.

I've paid £1300 (£1000 return flights, rest accom) for 10 days in Mauritius, for my friends wedding.

• Content Count:  3073

Jazz, slight correction. My show tix were 175 and the hotel 900. As for content ; hundreds of vendors and studios pedaling their wares. Thousands of artist and creative talents showing off new stuff and hollywood and the gaming industry showing off stuff. And panels, shows and even a film premiere or two. Kinda a bigger e3.

• Content Count:  4960

Paid 2800€ for 7 nights in a 5 star hotel with all-in in cyprus... Flights included for me and my gf (we split the costs ofcourse).

Reply to Thread